Do you have a passion to install, deploy, service and maintain mission critical IT infrastructure in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cloud data centers?
Are you looking to expand your horizon in an exciting and dynamic work environment that encourages creativity and boundless opportunities for career development?
Do you enjoy solving problems and delivering value-adding results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Amazon Web Services Data Center is the place to be!
In this role as a IT Support Associate (Rack Decom Datatech), you will be responsible for the on-site management of hardware life cycle of our Singapore IT infrastructure.
Working with key technical subject matter experts, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design, implementation, commissioning and De-commissioning of our advanced IT infrastructure.
Drive & implement projects to enhance operational efficiencies with opportunities to share experiences and knowledge with our global network of technical experts.
- 2+ Years of IT infrastructure operations experience.
- Server / Computer hardware knowledge and/or experience
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift, install & uninstall equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in narrow spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines
- This role involves working as a team, and follow standard operating procedures closely.
- Basic understanding of Network operation / support experience
- Basic understanding of IT service management
- Data Center environment safety and security awareness.
- Knowledge about Data Center facilities (power and cooling)
- Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, Ticketing System such as BMC Remedy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Resources
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."