Ops Support Executive, Data Centre & BCP
NCS is a leading information and communications technology (ICT) and communications engineering services provider across the Asia-Pacific region. We are headquartered in Singapore and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singtel Group. We have in-depth domain knowledge and unique capabilities that create business value for customers. We offer a broad range of services, including consulting, systems development and integration, business process outsourcing, infrastructure management and solutions, and technology solutions.
Data Centre Operator perform daily operations role and responsible for the day-to-day smooth execution and continuous operations.
The broad area of your job responsibilities will cover the following:
- Perform shift duty to support 24×7 DC Operations stand-by duties for emergency.
- Assist to oversee the IT equipment hardware inventory on individual rack inside the DC
- On-site Management of works conducted within the Data Centre such as site preparation, site survey, network cabling, electrical wiring, air-conditioning, building power supply (including power generator) tests, infrastructure & System maintenance, on-site/off-site standby activities etc
- Coordinate preventive maintenance for Data Centre downstream infrastructure which includes Uninterruptible Power Suppler (UPS) systems, Water Detection systems, Fire Suppression systems, PDU, CCTV systems, Card Access systems etc.
- Operate Electronic Visitation Management System (Update Authorizer and customer access request accurately and promptly).
- Remote Hand Support (Media Management, Visual Inspection, Reboot devices, staging room, Physical connect/disconnect of HDD, network cable connectivity test, insertion of fibre SFP).
- Handle input and output media with due care for integrity of data and utility of media for subsequent use, including off-site storage.
- Perform Event Monitoring for Data Centre Facilities infrastructure to ensure they are functioning optimally (e.g. UPS, power, temperature control, humidity, water detection sensor, etc.)
- Perform event monitoring for IT Systems and Network infrastructure.
- Perform incident escalation. Ensure incidents are responded and attended to. To redirect for 2nd or 3rd Level resolution base on criticality, impact and customer Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Manage and mitigate escalations of high impact system failures and assist in tracking the incidents till closure.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Diploma Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in DC Operations Support and Batch Management
- Familiar with: Control-M 9.0.19.x: Fundamentals, Basic SAP, Data Centre Operations Support, ITIL methodologies
- Possess initiative with positive working attitudes and customer services oriented;
- Independent and goal-oriented;
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills;
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.