Infrastructure Platform Lead (Enterprise Services)
Date: 19 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
The Enterprise Services team is looking for a Lead Platform and Solution Engineer who would be responsible for the design and implementation of IT service management and service automation tools and systems to support the delivery of IT managed services for on-premises and cloud data centre, end user computing, application, and middleware. Develop deployment architecture including network and system design. Manage and provide guidance for the implementation and adoption of automated managed services solutions for customers and across the organization.
Make an Impact by
- Create system and solution for IT infrastructure management and managed services automation. System design should cover network, server (physical and virtual), integration, application, security, and operation. Build and manage project schedules.
- Build and manage project schedules.
- Meet with business stakeholders to determine current and future needs to support ICT business.
- Support the team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical obstacles.
- Establish policies and procedures that produce high-quality IT solution.
Skills for Success
- Tertiary education in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise / solution planning and design and implementation
- Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration
- Experience in network topologies and technologies.
- Familiar with network technology, network routing, network address translation, network security such as firewall and hardening.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other commercial products.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in implementing DEVOPS in infrastructure management solution.
- Experience in system monitoring and service management methodologies and tools such as Zabbix and ServiceNow
- Good problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, highly analytical, and procedural, be a creative and strategic thinker, and an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Passion for solution development and automation, and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify the development and delivery process.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated and pays close attention to detail.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Flexible work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.