Associate Engineer, Submarine Cable & Ventures
Date: 13 Jan 2024
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Make an Impact by
- Operate and maintain optical transmission, power and data communication network equipment for submarine cable systems and terrestrial backhaul transmission systems (e.g. SDH, DWDM, DC rectifier, Power Feed Equipment, routers/switches etc.).
- Troubleshoot and rectify faults on these transmission equipment and where necessary, (a) follow-up with the equipment vendors and/or (b) liaise with other departments, backhaul providers, cable stations and/or cable system NOC, on fault investigation and resolution.
- Monitor system performance and prepare statistical analysis to detect any performance degradation or abnormality.
- Perform regular back-up of system configuration and performance data in the Network Management System (NMS) and Element Manager Layer (EML) servers.
- Maintain updated records of equipment inventory, equipment firmware releases, NMS/EML server model, NMS/EML operating and application software releases.
- Manage maintenance spare inventory and storage to meet system operation needs.
- Keep abreast of knowledge of operation and configuration of equipment in the cable stations and develop suitable work processes to ensure good system performance.
- Perform pre-service testing and implementation of transmission links.
- Perform installation acceptance testing and commissioning of new systems and equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors on the installation, operation and maintenance activities.
- Be on call after office hours to provide support for ad-hoc circuit activation, cable repair and fault isolation.
- Make arrangement with vendor for repair of the station facilities such as power equipment, lighting, air-cons, CCTV and monitoring and alarm system.
- Support Singtel’s RIO interconnection and co-lo service.
- Supervise the installation and upgrading of station facilities equipment and ensure that the project is implemented in the schedule timeline.
- Support cable system upgrade works which happen on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for coordination and liaison with relevant parties in provisioning of submarine cable circuits in accordance to the works-order provided.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Station Manager.
Skills for Success
- Diploma in Electrical engineering with minimum 4 years of experience in a Telco company.
- Experience in telecommunication transmission knowledge is critical.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen learner with an eye for details.
- Good team player.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.