Windows / VMware Engineer
Date: 10 Nov 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a part of something BIG!
The Engineer, Windows & VMware Operations will be a key contributor to Singtels Wintel and VMware operations. He/she will provide L2 and L3 support to Wintel and Vmware incidents and changes. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring of service levels, proactive maintenance, capacity planning and the operations metrics of the Wintel and VMware tower, including regular reporting. He/she will work with the selected 3rd party operations vendor for the successful operations of the infrastructure. The candidate will actively work on process and quality improvements.
The candidate will also assist in the build efforts new Windows and VMware capacity in the New Home, and help in the efforts to migrate existing solutions to our new Data Centers. By working closely with his/her colleagues, the In addition to the non-functional requirements, the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
Make an Impact by:
- Responsible for the daily operations of Singtels VMware and Windows infrastructure
- Responsible for process improvements, quality improvements and operational improvements in our VMware and Windows infrastructure
- Works with other technology groups in resolving production issues, including security related issues
- Responsible for capacity planning of VMware and Windows infrastructure, including licensing and vendor support related engagements. Also includes obsolescence management
- Work with Change Management to propose and implement changes, especially for patching and migrations.
- Works with other groups to implement new builds
- Ensure solution proposed in compliance with security and best practices adopted by the industry
- Document and communicate Enterprise Infrastructure strategies and standards
- Ensure solution compliance and integration with enterprise architecture and Infosec policy for Infrastructure and Security systems by reviewing and advising on new and existing Information Technology projects
- Providing advice and guidance to management during planning phases to ensure that non-functional requirements are included in the overall specifications
- Providing advice and guidance to all areas of IT and Business Management, analysts, planners, designers and developers on all aspects of compute infrastructure, including build and operations policies
- To ensure that work meets all related engineering, planning, and operational standards
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Assist in ongoing efforts to automate the operations of the infrastructure
Skills for Success:
- Degree in computer science/ Information Technology, Industry certification, eg. Azure, VMware (VCP/VCAP) and Microsoft Windows qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience working and familiar with corporate infra design, security hygiene and best practices, compute/storage infrastructure operations and experience in putting together infrastructure runbook covering the aspects above. Able to articulate well on proposed design to stakeholder.
- Experience in Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix), OS (RHEL, Windows), Compute/Storage (Dell EMC, IBM, UCS) and Hyper Converge (HCI) deployment.
- Experience in maintaining Windows Operating systems, including security hardening, patching, and automation.
- Ability to direct project design and planning activities associated with complex or large sized network infrastructure development projects.
- Experience in dealing with vendors on technology and services.
Rewards that Go Beyond:
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.