Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we’re just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is looking for a Production Manager to be based in Singapore to help manage the production of Unscripted Amazon Originals in Southeast Asia (“SEA”) with specific focus on Indonesia. The Production Manager will support the physical production of SEA region projects commissioned by the Local Originals team. We are looking for a self-starter who will work with our international Amazon Studios and Prime Video teams and external production partners to move projects forward from a logistical, budgetary and quality point of view under the supervision of Sr. Production Executive and Head of Production for APAC.
The candidate must have the ability to work across multiple cultural differences and customs. Excellent communications skills and knowledge of Indonesian TV Production landscape are a must. We will consider international relocation to Singapore for a candidate with strong Indonesian production experience.
Key job responsibilities
• Co-ordinate multiple unscripted projects in development and production.
• Meet with show producers, production managers and creative executives in budget and production meetings and provide feedback
• Work with internal departments and third party production companies on production safety, security, insurance, child labor, immigration, visa, travel, and tax issues
• Is on-set when necessary to support the third party production company partners in evaluating work-flow, budgets and potential problems, and coordinating feedback and solutions between the SEA Production team and production partners
• Prepare analysis of budgets and cost reports
• Works with post-production to ensure delivery of all required assets
• Support the Local Originals team to identify and vet local production partners appropriate for each project
• Coordinates with other internal departments such as creative, marketing, press, business affairs, legal, finance, and tax
• Works closely with our internal Risk, Health & Safety and Protective Services departments to assure proper level of coverage and planning for our projects
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Producer/Production Manager/Line Producer at a TV Network or a Production Company
• Prior production management experience in Indonesia is highly advantageous
• knowledge and experience in various forms of unscripted television (e.g., competition, docu-follow, documentary, music, variety) across different budget levels
• High level of competency with scheduling and cost reports
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Great judgment and common sense
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Industry contacts throughout Indonesia
• Experience with asset delivery
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production
• High attention to detail
• Detailed planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services.
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."