Technical Service Delivery Manager
Date: 23 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a part of something BIG!
- Leading a team of resources to deliver successful IT projects and demands on time within budget to support business.
- Strong ownership skills to deliver the projects, process ownership, obtaining agreement and effectively communicating policies across the organization.
- As a SPOC to represent Technology Infrastructure to coordinate and manage project status update to the stakeholders and mitigate risk of project delay.
- This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate on Project delivery with new technology adoption and deliver reliable infra services to end user, Operation teams.
- Pose an infra technology background and able to script & code to modernize the infra build tech stack.
Make an Impact by:
Service Delivery Management:
- Oversee all projects in your Squad to ensure “deliver the best quality with the best service”.
- Manage projects and Demands within the Group IT domains and own the complete end to end Service Delivery Management accountability for the projects.
- Develop, manage, and improve stakeholder relations – both internal and external.
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as: Accuracy of forecasting, Delivery timelines and schedules are met and Adherence to quality standards.
- Understanding the pipeline of demand and work with the PMO and internal TI members to ensure an appropriate supply of resources.
- Provide regular reports to the management and other departments on your Squad’s achievements, challenges, and recommended solutions.
- Resolving project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments.
- Technically able to understand the requirement and work within the Squad team on the related infrastructure layer design like Operating System, Database, Middleware, Network and Cloud.
- Managing and leading complex stakeholders (internal GIT like PMO and other APPs domain sometimes including business) towards optimal solutions while helping them to understand resource constraints and prioritization.
- Enable the team’s collective success, delivering the projects and building a cohesive, high-caliber team.
- Holding the teams to the highest standards, project discipline and accountability.
- Continuously improving the technical delivery model and strategy, implementing, and managing delivery with the associated teams.
- Ensuring compliance with the infrastructure standards for applicable Service Area
- Coordinating the efforts of internal stakeholders and Service Providers to support the change management process
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders (other IT domains, business units, etc.) to develop and design system and infrastructure requirements to meet business needs for the business application projects.
Financial & Contract Management:
- Contribute to budget planning, resourcing, and procurement till commissioning the project and demand.
- The role is tasked with meeting the project delivery milestones along with financial and customer centric KPIs.
Contract & Vendor Management:
- A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors, and third-party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business. The Technical Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will need to manage the entire procurement process leading to successful project commission.
- Timely contract negotiations and managing contracts is a vital skill to succeed in this role. The incumbent must ensure that all procurement governance guidelines are strictly adhered to
People Management – Internal & External:
- Manage the group of highly trained and skilled Service Delivery Management, Service / Operation management, Finance & Contract and Audit team for high performance delivery
- To work closely with TI Members, vendors, stakeholders across the Group IT and Business domains
Skills for Success:
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent
- PMP / Agile Certified.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Project and service delivery management.
- With Minimum 5+ years of relevant Experience in Infrastructure Project Management, Vendor Management and Contract Management.
- Coding and Scripting with good experience
- Additionally, good to have a good knowledge on IAC (Infrastructure As Code)
Rewards that Go Beyond:
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.