Technical Service Delivery Manager
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Service Delivery Management:
- Oversee all projects in your Squad to ensure “deliver the best quality with the best service”.
- Manage projects and Demands within the Group IT domains and own the complete end to end Service Delivery Management accountability for the projects.
- Develop, manage, and improve stakeholder relations – both internal and external.
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as: Accuracy of forecasting, Delivery timelines and schedules are met and Adherence to quality standards.
- Understanding the pipeline of demand and work with the Demand Managers (internal TI member) to ensure an appropriate supply of resources.
- Provide regular reports to the management and other departments on your Squad’s achievements, challenges, and recommended solutions.
- Resolving project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments.
- Technically able to understand the requirement and work within the Squad team on the related infrastructure layer design like Operating System, Database, Middleware, Network and Cloud.
- Managing and leading complex stakeholders (internal GIT like PMO and other APPs domain sometimes including business) towards optimal solutions while helping them to understand resource constraints and prioritization.
- Enable the team’s collective success, delivering the projects and building a cohesive, high-caliber team.
- Holding the teams to the highest standards, project discipline and accountability.
- Continuously improving the technical delivery model and strategy, implementing, and managing delivery with the associated teams.
- Ensuring compliance with the infrastructure standards for applicable Service Area
- Coordinating the efforts of internal stakeholders and Service Providers to support the change management process
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders (other IT domains, business units, etc.) to develop and design system and infrastructure requirements to meet business needs for the business application projects.
- Financial & Contract Management:
- Contribute to budget planning, resourcing, and procurement till commissioning the project and demand.
- The role is tasked with meeting the project delivery milestones along with financial and customer centric KPIs.
- Contract & Vendor Management:
- A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors, and third-party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business. The Technical Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will need to manage the entire procurement process leading to successful project commission.
- Timely contract negotiations and managing contracts is a vital skill to succeed in this role. The incumbent must ensure that all procurement governance guidelines are strictly adhered to
- People Management – Internal & External:
- Manage the group of highly trained and skilled Service Delivery Management, Service / Operation management, Finance & Contract and Audit team for high performance delivery
- To work closely with TI Members, vendors, stakeholders across the Group IT and Business domains
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent
- PMP / Agile Certified.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Project and service delivery management.
- With Minimum 5+ years of relevant Experience in Infrastructure Project Management, Vendor Management and Contract Management.
- Coding and Scripting with good experience. Additionally, good to have a good knowledge on IAC (Infrastructure As Code)
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills, independent and result oriented.
- Problem solving, Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication skills and able to articulate well.
- Actively contribute on project management improvement plan with PMI and Agile standard.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.