: Financial Markets
: 02/Sep/2022, 1:22:53 PM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Technical Analyst will work closely with the Global Digital Strategy Lead to execute the digital strategy for the FM franchise. This individual will join the Financial Markets Intelligence team collaborating with sales, trading, and technology stakeholders to deliver best in class digital products and solutions for the firm’s customers.
The TA will focus specifically on developing algorithmic coverage tools to automate client coverage for the global sales business. This role is equal parts innovation and implementation with a strong emphasis on creative solutions to drive monetization in the sales function. Day to day activities include development (coding) proofs of concept, liaising with technology counterparts, and managing end to end project lifecycles and stakeholders to deliver an ongoing portfolio of technology projects.
- Partner with the Global Digital Strategy Lead to execute an algorithmic client coverage model for FM Sales
- Code proofs of concept to test business cases with Sales and Trading partners. Liaise with Technology to make them a reality
- Work closely with technology and data science teams across the firm to guide the development of machine learning and predictive models to support FM sales initiatives
- Foster agile development across team and the proper use of ALM tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Work with sales to understand and address pain points through automation
- Partner with control functions to deploy new technology in accordance with local regulatory guidelines; help to frame internal policies and processes to guide the use of customer data
- Keep multiple projects on track despite competing deadlines
- Simplify complicated ideas into actionable, measurable pieces and communicate those ideas to key stakeholders to generate buy-in
- Drive support and collaboration for projects at all levels (senior and junior to you) and bring others to action
- Collaborate with COO and 2nd line functions to ensure appropriate frameworks and operational infrastructure are in place to facilitate compliance with industry codes & applicable external laws and regulations in the handling, use and dissemination of client data
People and Talent
- Contribute actively as a team member – contribute to and support new innovation
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations, work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by relevant authorities
- Adhere to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct and act as a role model for Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory e-learning, attestations, compliance requirements and requests for information.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to ‘speak up’ in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head, FM Electronic Trading and Digital Platforms
- FM Leadership teams (FM SMT, FM Macro)
- FM COO teams
- FM Tech
- 6 plus years experience working as a developer in a complex organisation in finance
- Demonstrated experience building, deploying, and integrating machine learning based products across varying groups of global users (classification, clustering, forecasting, recommendation)
- Experience building user alert & feedback mechanisms
- Understanding of NLP / NLG
- Familiar with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- SME in Agile methodology
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Manage Change
- Facilitate Strategy
- Data Insight & Analysis
- Strategy & Business Model
- Market Knowledge
- Products & Processes
- Business Partnering
- Process Management
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.