Systems Engineer, Comms
We have a great opportunity for a self-motivated talented to join our Engineering Service Delivery Team at NCS.
At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative IT solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be working in a project and responsible in providing network project implementation, post-sales consultancy and network maintenance support, particularly in the area of network architectures (comprising LAN, Data Centre and WAN). You will also be involved in hands-on operations in network maintenance.
Progressively, you will own technical design in implementation of technical solutions. Ensuring quality technical solutions and drive towards the highest levels of customer satisfaction and improvement in professional standards.
- Manage/implement network infrastructure projects covering in area of Telecom Networks (LAN & WAN).
- Manage/implement, by project basis, working with project team members in implementing and delivering projects till commissioning.
- Assist Project Manager in various aspects of project implementation, including network design, site preparation, risks identification and mitigation
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Tasks include performing network/systems configurations, troubleshooting errors/problems, monitoring and/or testing systems performance, and contribute to the design of technical solutions for customer environments adherence to scope of work.
- Proactively provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring and/or to provide resolution for technical issues.
- Liaising with external vendor and user environments within project cycle
- Gather business and/or application requirements on the infrastructure to plan, design, install, test & implement systems in accordance with the specifications & service level.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & service level availability.
- Respond promptly to incident, root cause analysis & provide temporary and/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Implement service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations.
- Evaluates internal & external business environment to develop long-term strategy for the unit/organization
- Applies business & financial knowledge to address business issues & drive the business.
- Establishes & promotes effective business operations across multiple countries &/or regions & coordinates appropriately with the broader global business
Attain key certifications for partnership with key vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma or above in IT-related discipline
- 3 years of hands-on experience
- Experienced in implementing and administrating network devices such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls.
- Experienced in implementing and administrating network routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP & network Security.
- Experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Experienced in Administration and troubleshooting in network environment.
- Exposure with network equipment (Cisco Systems, Huawei, etc) will be added advantage.
- Able to work as a team member and Independent and should be self-motivated and highly customer focused.
- Experience in Service Provider networking will be preferred.
- Certifications such as CCNP/ CCIP/CCSP or above and other relevant IT industry certificates will be preferred.
- Good understanding of Internet routing protocols and technologies including TCP/IP, OSFP, BGP, MPLS/VPN
- Good understanding of Network Automation, Python, Ansible will be preferred.
- Knowledge of routers/switches architecture and software upgrade procedure
- Possess good analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification
- Possess good working knowledge in multiple vendor equipment like Cisco, Juniper, Huawei router.
- Highly motivated and have the aptitude and attitude to continuously upgrade and refresh the knowledge in networking technologies.
- Good inter-personal, organizational, problem solving and teamwork skills.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.