System Planning Manager
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Systems Planning Manager ICT2.0; supporting networking, virtualizations, security, cloud and optimization products.
- Support Technology Proof of Concepts with principal vendors and Proof Values with customers
- Support the design and build of secured, highly available and resilient headend infrastructure
- Support Product in defining and co-ordinating the scope of works with various stackeholders like Architecture Offices, Global Delivery, Product Management, Technical Pre-sale, Global Fulfillment, Global Competencies and so on.
- Working closely with principal partners for technology knowledge transfer and technology notice broadcast such as End of Life or End of Sale i.e Release Life Cycle Management; accountable for capacity, problem, life cycle management of architecture and head end infrastructure
- Support product feature evolution such as new feature development & enhancement in accordance to roadmaps; and Level 3 & 4 support with principal platform partner over bug or software escalation
- Perform Planning and Project Management and Security Engineering roles as assigned to projects
- Past experiences in Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Fortinet Technologies, F5, Macfee, Cisco Viptela, Cisco ASA/Firepower, SilverPeak, VeloCloud, public cloud (AWS, MS Azure, GCP) preferred
- Highly competent in Enterprise architecture designs encompassing knowledge in applications integrations, example microservices, cloud, multi-tiered applciations, load balancing, proxy, authentications, SSOs
- Candidates with strong knowledge in universal CPE technologies like Openstack, KVM, DPDK, VirtIO, service chaining etc
- Candidates preferred to be able to understand restful APIs and supporitng monitoring integrated to platforms
- Candidates will knowledge and experiences in Python, Terraform, Cloudformation, ELK, GO programming preferred
- Preferred CCNP (R&S, Service Provider) or equivalent, Linux, Windows 2012, Openstack, Docker, KVM, Vmware certifications or working experiences;
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor in Computer Science/IT Technology/Computer Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- 6-8 years of experience in Enterprise/System Intergator/Telco Environment
- CCNP or equivalent
- Good writing and communications skills
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.