System Engineer (Middleware)
Date: 5 Nov 2023
Are you looking for value adding and impactful work?
Do you want to make a difference with your expertise?
With us, youll be able to make it happen.
NCS is a leading technology services firm, operating across Asia Pacific in over 20 countries, providing services and solutions in consulting, digital services, technology, and more.
We believe in utilizing the power of technology to make extraordinary things happen and to create lasting impact and value for our people, communities, and partners. Our diverse 12,000-strong workforce has delivered a wealth of large-scale, mission-critical, and multi-platform projects for governments and enterprises in Singapore and the APAC region.
What we do
We drive our passion for harnessing technology.
We bring people and technology together.
We advance communities and transform industries.
Were searching for a System Engineer to be part of our diverse team of talent here at NCS!
If you believe in going above and beyond, want to exemplify the best, and wish to bring people and technology together like never before, then we would love to have a conversation with you!
What we seek to accomplish together:
- Manage, monitor and ensure all system availability
- Perform system installation, configuration, testing of application software and patches
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and application availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain and update security and vulnerabilities register.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Implement and support Service and Change Requests and ensure they are completed within the SLA guideline
- Ensure highest level of system availability
A little about you:
- Diploma/Nitec in Computer Science, Computing, Engineering, IT or equivalent.
- At least 2 years working experience in System Support or similar capacity
- Have strong interest in investigating and identifying causes of issues, and able to propose solutions to rectify the issue
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player, responsible and conscientious
- Resourceful, independent, responsive and pro-active.
About NCS Group
We want to create the extraordinary, and to impact millions of people everyday.
We believe in building a talent-led delivery model to enable our best people to lead, and to support them with the right structure, processes, and tools to ensure that our clients are delivered top quality services.
We want to invest in you!
Great work is never done alone, and thats why we also believe in creating a collaborative work environment to bring people with different expertise and talent together.
We create opportunities for our people to grow in our organization with well-defined career tracks and specializations to ensure that our people and talent can continuously deliver new value for our clients.
Were here to make the extraordinary happen.
Learn more at ncs.co and our LinkedIn Career site.
All profiles are handled with highest level of confidentiality.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.