System Engineer – #catalystWSP
Date: 12 Jan 2024
Singtel x Singapore Institute of Technology have embarked on a Work-Study Programme (WSP) launched in Feb 2023. The WSP is called “The Catalyst Programme” which is a structured on-the-job (OJT) development WSP that allows Polytechnic Diploma holders to secure a full-time position with Singtel while pursuing a university honours degree in Applied Computing. This programme is open to Singtel’s internal employees as well as external polytechnic diploma holders preferably from the ICT domain. Non-ICT diploma holders are encouraged to apply as well. In line with building capability in Singapore ICT sector this program will develop & groom talent over a 3-year period completing micro-credentials for each module which eventually stack-up to an honours degree in Applied Computing. Candidates will be offered a specific role as the one shared below. Are you ready for this challenge?
- Learn and apply industry best practices, tools, and processes to effectively support operations. Through guidance and hands-on experience, it will enable you to develop your skills and contribute to the smooth functioning of our operations
- Gain valuable hands-on experience by utilizing guided tools and techniques to troubleshoot and monitor the systems health. This will provide you with the opportunity to work with technologies, including Cloud computing, Active Directory, and Virtualization.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various technology teams, including network and security, in a dynamic and interactive environment.
- Collaborate with team members and follow provided guidance to develop, implement, and update documentation and user guides.
- Gain exposure to best practices frameworks for compute management, performance optimization, reporting, and business impact assessment for disaster recovery.
- A completed diploma from a reputable Polytechnic
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.