At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
What will your typical day look like?
- Ensure compliance against Singtel’s Group Procurement Policy requirements and Procurement authorization limits
- Ascertain that an appropriate level of competition has been achieve in the sourcing projects conducted by business stakeholders
- Assess if there is opportunity for further cost reductions in sourcing projects. Negotiations may be undertaken directly by the Sourcing Specialist, or in certain circumstances by business stakeholders with guidance from the Sourcing Specialist.
- Guide business users on procurement policy and practices.
- Review and analysis of user requirements. Determine best procurement strategy to meet the needs of the requirements based on defined practices/procedures
- Identify and source potential suppliers based on the requirements provided by the Company.
- Maintain productive working relationships with key users
- Liaise with Strategic Sourcing/Category Managers and highlight any concerns observed in the tactical sourcing space, to ensure alignment with broader strategy
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Report cost savings using established cost savings methodologies
- Product monthly portfolio reporting for strategic sourcing managers, for their overall category planning
Is this you?
- Degree in business/finance related
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in sourcing/Procurement
- Strong understanding of source to pay process
- Has handled high volumes of spot-buy, ITQs, RFQs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in sourcing platforms like Ariba, Emptoris, Coupa
- Strong, communication, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work independently.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building experience
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.