Software Engr, Software Engring
The Software Engineer is responsible to develop software based on design requirements and ensure software and subroutines are working to specification, program codes have conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting schedule and requirements.
- Analyse process/program specifications & translate specifications to program codes, conforming to program guidelines and programming best practices
- Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits
- Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program
- Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
- Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
- Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Analyse functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
- Ensure codes comply with NCS security guidelines
- Work with team lead to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
- Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2-4 years of working experience in developing and delivering application software
- Possess relevant system development / maintenance experience using Java-related technologies
- Possess initiative and disposition with a strong commitment and orientation towards results and high quality standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy
- Customer focused
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
- Able to travel as required
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.