Global Services Security (GSS) Engineering is a centralized development team that makes security simpler for all AWS customers. We believe in constantly improving the way in which our users experience security through the innovations that we drive. To achieve this, we collaborate with various businesses to understand customer needs and then design, implement, and support new services that let customers operate at the speed of business.
Are you excited about designing and implementing brand-new, globally scalable services that simplify security for customers? Do you want to shape how customers perceive security? Are you interested in applying emerging technologies to solve customer challenges?
If so, join our team. We were among the first teams in AWS to develop and launch a fully serverless application available globally to our customers. Now, we recognize that new technologies like AI/ML can transform how the world approaches security. GSS continuously ensures that we use the most suitable technology to solve problems, allowing the services we build to have minimal operational burden and scale to meet the needs of our global customer base.
Key job responsibilities
This role offers a great opportunity to develop services that enhance security for AWS’s global customer base. As a technical individual contributor, you’ll join a growing team of talented engineers to design, develop and operate AWS services.
A day in the life
You will collaborate with others on the engineering team to perform day-to-day development activities, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation. You will own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application. You will also coach and mentor others on the team.
About the team
GSS Engineering is a globally distributed team driving AWS’s new security growth initiatives. Our vision is to secure the world’s workloads and create a brighter future for humanity. We work with customers and partners to develop security solutions that enable our service teams to deliver the right products and features. By harnessing security-relevant data, we gain insights and automate actions to mitigate customer security concerns proactively, ideally without requiring any action on their part.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– 6+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
– 6+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
– 6+ years of building production software experience
– Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
– Deep expertise in one Programming Language – Java, TypeScript, Python
– 6+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
About Amazon Web Services Singapore Private Limited
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Private Limited - D55