Senior/ Systems Engineer
Date: 22 Aug 2023
Are you looking for value adding and impactful work?
Do you want to make a difference with your expertise?
With us, you’ll be able to make it happen.
NCS is a leading technology services firm, operating across Asia Pacific in over 20 countries, providing services and solutions in consulting, digital services, technology, and more.
We believe in utilizing the power of technology to make extraordinary things happen and to create lasting impact and value for our people, communities, and partners. Our diverse 12,000-strong workforce has delivered a wealth of large-scale, mission-critical, and multi-platform projects for governments and enterprises in Singapore and the APAC region.
What we do
We drive our passion for harnessing technology.
We bring people and technology together.
We advance communities and transform industries.
We’re searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to be part of our diverse team of talent here at NCS!
If you believe in going above and beyond, want to exemplify the best, and wish to bring people and technology together like never before, then we would love to have a conversation with you!
What we seek to accomplish together:
- Plan, design, install, test & implement systems in accordance to specifications & service level. Where relevant, perform the necessary system programming & configuration.
- Manage systems changes through established change request process, service request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
- Monitor the agreed service level (.e.g. service request, system availability),document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Plan & implement service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Provide systems related technical advice to customers or project team.
- Ensure the management of ICT systems adhere to established processes/ procedures, ITIL best practices and methodologies where applicable
- Plan and manage resources and schedule for system implementation /operation support activities
A little about you:
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in systems support
- Have strong interest in investigating and identifying causes of issues, and able to propose solutions to rectify the issue.
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Good writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Good team leader, responsible and conscientious.
- Resourceful, independent, responsive and pro-active.
About NCS Group
We want to create the extraordinary, and to impact millions of people everyday.
We believe in building a talent-led delivery model to enable our best people to lead, and to support them with the right structure, processes, and tools to ensure that our clients are delivered top quality services.
We want to invest in you!
Great work is never done alone, and that’s why we also believe in creating a collaborative work environment to bring people with different expertise and talent together.
We create opportunities for our people to grow in our organization with well-defined career tracks and specializations to ensure that our people and talent can continuously deliver new value for our clients.
We’re here to make the extraordinary happen.
Learn more at ncs.co and our LinkedIn Career site.
All profiles are handled with highest level of confidentiality.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.