Senior Solution Engineer
Date: 3 Nov 2023
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what its like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, lets create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
The Senior Solution Engineer is responsible for the overall strategy and design of our Sales Platform in the Singtel group. The candidate must possess the vision and hands on experience to formalize, standardize, govern, and evolve the architecture design, standards, and processes with the objective to deliver best practice, relevant, timely, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to the Business Unit stakeholders.
- Lead in solution design and implementation for large scale systems across Sales Platform.
- Understand existing systems and its part in a complex architecture landscape
- Translate business requirements into detailed solution designs.
- Communicate and influence customer expectations, based on pre-define requirements and information collected.
- Provides review, oversight and approval for Digital works which includes projects, incremental enhancements and fix and maintenance jobs.
- Act as the single point of contact for business and other IT domains.
- Ensure works are delivered on time, meet business & technical requirements and are within the project budget.
- Ensures team is adopting delivery management standards and monitor the progress of the delivery on a regular basis.
- Anticipate, manage, and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the domain build-run team.
- Document all technical requirements and design technical solutions utilizing enterprise architecture standards including documenting all solution components and configurations
- Identify where exceptions to the enterprise architecture standards are required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, breaking down barriers for the team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- Coach and develop junior developers.
- Experience in system solutioning and software development
- Knowledge in enterprise telco products
- Strong knowledge of cloud and system design pattern.
- Must have hands-on experience in solution design for complex system integrations across SaaS, Cloud and On-Prem environments.
- Experience in build, run and securing internet facing platforms.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Outsystem Platform is desired.
- Knowledge of enterprise SaaS solution like Salesforce Core, Marketing Cloud, CRM Analytics, CPQ, Mulesoft and Apigee is a plus.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps is a plus.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.