Senior Software Testing Engineer
Date: 24 Jan 2024
As an innovator in knowledge and artificial intelligence, we offer video analytics products and services catered to various segments where individuals, corporations and institutions can enjoy peace of mind, enhance their business intelligence or secure an entire city. A Software Quality Assurance Engineer will test the projects delivered by VITG group in NCS Digital division which include but not only VA Gateway, VAP Gateway, VMS Gateway system. We are looking for experienced and motivated senior software quality assurance. And this role demands highly developed tactical and strategic skills as a senior QA is expected to participate actively in continual improvement efforts.
- Mentor the QA engineers and efficiently manage the resources to support the projects and ensure the quality delivery
- Define test strategy and test plan based on software development plan for the projects
- Oversees and actively participates in test execution and the development of testing artefacts, including: performance test requirements, defect tracking and reporting, performance test plans, cases, scripts, reports, etc. for assigned projects
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation
- Formulate and design software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Create test tools that facilitate data gathering and test method execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 6 years working experience in software testing industry
- Familiar with at least one programming language, like Java, Python, .NET, C++, etc.
- Strong in one or more of these testing tools: Selenium, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Cucumber, JMeter, LoadRunner, Postman, SoapUI, RestAssured
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands on experience with automated testing tools
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Work efficiently in fast paced environment
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.