Senior Software Engineer (Microservices Developer)
Date: 18 Sep 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Make an Impact by
- Develop Microservices and Spring Boot framework
- Act as a L2/L3 support after project go-live
- Participate in requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, development, testing and documentation
- Comply with Corporate policies, audits, SOP and processes defined
- Participate in meetings with both Business and IT teams to alight IT to fulfil business requirements
Skills for Success
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Min. 7 years of relevant working experiences in providing application support, maintenance, Microservices development and deployment
- Proficient in Programming languages and technologies such as Java, SOAP/REST API, Spring Boot and MySQL
- Experience in OpenShift Container Platform, DevOps, Apigee API Gateway, ELK monitoring, Kafkfa
- Good communication skills and ability to translate technical terms to layman terms to all colleagues, as the role requires the successful candidate to liaise with both technical teams (including onshore & offshore team) and business users.
- Experience in Agile process
- Ability to work independently and able to accomplish goals within a short period of time
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skill
- Comfortable working with large amount of data and meticulous attention to details
- Certified in ITIL Foundation will be an advantage
- Certified Cloud Developer will be an advantage
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.