Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
This role is for the Digital Technologies department of Singtel. Digital Technologies is front-runner within Singtel featuring self-organizing development teams deploying workloads both on-premise and cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Our Digital Technology stack focuses on scalability and performance of business workloads. We aim to loosen the IT architecture, increase organizational agility and enable an API driven digital ecosystem.
Why work for Singtel Digital Technologies?
- Customer facing API and Applications for Business, Enterprise and Consumer markets requiring constant monitoring and protection from intrusion.
- Working with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Work with IT Security and Performance Management teams to define, create, and implement security standards.
- Strong alignment with business and KPIs centered around business
- Open office space with teams co-located
- All new things go to AWS and follow latest best practices in the industry
- Attention to technical excellence
- Culture of learning, coaching and mentoring
- Career growth path as engineer: engineers may earn more than their manager
- Dynamic organization where change is the only constant
- Innovation is part of the yearly KPIs
- An incentive scheme with generous rewards for high-performers
- Development of High Performance Java Service API and Business Systems.
- Using SpringBoot to build microsservices in Java.
- Writing deployment pipelines to deploy Java microservices in Kubernetes.
- Working with AWS Services to optimize your Java applications (SQS, SNS, SES, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, and more).
- Contributing to the Chapter java library and framework development.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or relevant coding certifications.
- More than 8 years of relevant working experiences.
- Any 3 Technical / Professional Skills required:
- Java 8 / Java lambda
- RESTFul Services
- JSON API
- HTTP Protocols / CORS / CSRF
- Cache Control (Redis)
- Microservice Architectures
- SQL Database (optional)
- Understanding of Algorithmic Design.
- Self-Starter / Deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycles.
- Can work in small and large teams.
- Other Task-Specific Knowledge required:
- Ticking Systems
- Documentation Systems
- Testing Methodologies
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.