Senior Project Manager, Project Leadership
Date: 24 Oct 2023
- The Project Manager is responsible for the managing and implementing of medium scale IT projects with quality, within scope and to ensure deliverables are on time and conform to processes and standards meeting customers requirements
- Analyse and document requirements by liaising with a range of people including users and managers, drawing together information needs across a distributed organization
- Establish and prepare project plans, risk management plans, project milestones and deliverables in consultation with business users and architect/designer
- Manage the implementation of the project on a daily basis with regard to schedules, budget, manpower and quality
- Manage the scope definition and change control mechanism
- Escalate and discuss project overrun issues, scope creep, integration issues, resource requirements with Project Director (PD)/Service Delivery Director (SDD)
- Manage integration of various components of the project including hardware, software installation, testing, business process review, redesign, application development, migration and data conversion etc.
- Manage project activities to ensure timely delivery, including identification of critical path, monitoring and driving completion of interdependent activities and adjustment to project schedules to achieve overall completion deadline
- Manage resources including hardware, software, human resource facilities and logistics required for project so as to ensure completion within budget.
- Review project documentation to ensure that it meets customers requirement and conforms to quality management process, standards and procedures to minimise rework and system failures
- Define project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations
Customer/ Vendor Management
- Negotiate with vendors and across teams to ensure adequate resources are available during various phases of the project
- Build relationships with users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with systems implementation
- Manage contracts and subcontractors
- Negotiate with customers on change request effort, schedules and prioritize changes based on business needs
- Clear and open communication with customers on project issues or clarifications
- Proactively identify opportunities for further expansion or improvement of services delivered to the customer and liaise with the Account Manager(s) for development of that opportunity
- Be involved in pre-sale activities
- Liaise with team members to ensure that all tasks and deliverables are proceeding according to schedule
- Plan, track and monitor the tasks assigned to the team leader/ members
- Delegate tasks effectively by providing clear and specific instructions and goals
- Provide leadership to the project team to ensure that proposals/enhancements are fully analysed and evaluated for their benefits and costs
- Provide the project team with accurate information about business needs and priorities as well as details about existing business systems
- Participate in leadership activities and providing performance feedback and developmental coaching
- Monitor and improve team performance, providing leadership, coaching, and performance management
- Typically 6 years IT project management experience
- Experience in the development, implementation and support of information technology projects in a range of organizations
- Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Able to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Able to travel as required
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.