Senior Product Owner
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Understand the business strategy, goals, and initiatives
- Understand the customers’ needs and experience, and continually test your assumptions
- Understand how technology supports the business and the jobs-to-be-done to build and sustain a secure, stable, reliable platform/channel
- Align the team and stakeholders on the product vision, roadmap, and value to be achieved
- Own and prioritize the product backlog
- Write epics and user stories
- Lead the following agile cadences: sprint planning, sprint review, backlog grooming
- Participate in the following agile cadences: daily standups and sprint retrospective
- Work with the team to agree upon the definition of done
- Work with the team to ensure acceptance criteria is defined
- Work with the team to track and remove impediments
- Work with experience design team to craft customer journeys; as well as ensure UI flows are aligned with both business and technology requirements
- Balance trade-off among product value, design, and technological constraints
- Track and report on value realized and relevant product/journey metrics
- Report and present progress to senior executives and business sponsor(s)
- Demonstrated experience (>3 years) as a Product Manager (PM) or Product Owner (PO) managing a digital mobile app or platform
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- At least 3 years working as in an agile delivery environment (i.e. SCRUM)
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree
- CSPO / PMI-ACP / PMP certifications are good to have but not mandatory
- Experienced with writing epics / user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experienced with crafting a product vision and roadmap
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to develop, lead, and motivate a team, as well as work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to articulate and influence key stakeholders / decision makers
- Domain Experience
- Have relevant experience in Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM) implementation
- Have relevant experience in integrating with GovTech and/or eKYC technologies
- Working understanding of Single-Sign-On (SSO) and Multiple-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Working understanding of authentication technologies: SAML 2.0, OIDC, OAuth 2.0
- Working understanding of common integration methods (e.g., REST APIs)
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.