Senior Ops Support Executive, EUC & Svc Desk
Date: 27 Jan 2024
NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 49 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
As a Desktop Engineer, you will provide the desktop support for the first contact point for customers, you will be responsible to provide prompt assistance to customers, addressing a range of IT topics and issues. Besides, you will ensure that software, licenses and operations comply with standards and timely manner. The broad area of your job responsibilities will cover the following:
- Ability to guide the team and resolve incident escalated by Desktop Support Assistant in confirming the validity of the problem and seeking and researching for known solutions related to these more complex issues.
- Performed Desktop Support services to users
- This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and SLA expectations.
- Perform imaging/re-imaging
- Perform asset inventories
- Perform technical escalation to 3rd party vendor or resolver groups (where appropriate)
- Updates Incident records
- Creates and updates work instructions (where necessary)
- Document standards and procedures (where necessary)
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Min. ITE/Diploma graduate with 3 years experience in desktop support
- Min 3 years experience in Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- Clear Spoken & Written English.
- Possess at least one (1) of the following certifications or their equivalent:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate; and
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate.
- Previous IT helpdesk and/or call centre support experience, including providing remote support via the telephone or using remote tool will be added advantages
- Demonstrate knowledge in the support of workstations, and related components
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Effectively communicates with teammates and managers
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.