Senior Manager, Portfolio Mgmt
Date: 17 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
IT Senior Project Manager is responsible for overall project control and management, including WBS development, resource scheduling, project progress tracking, risk management and quality assurance. Overseeing the governance, development and implementation of the project end-to-end from project kick-off to go-live cutover and transition to BAU. Other significant scope includes vendor management, business stakeholder management, cost management and IT cross-domain functional collaboration and development.
Make an Impact by:
- Establish baseline and control project scope from inception to closure. This includes managing the requirements gathering, solution design and implementation phases in constant alignment with business stakeholders to ensure their requirements are met within the project timeline.
- Define, develop and manage implementation schedules, project budgets and quality in compliance with company methodology and standards.
- Lead internal and external project team resources by directing their efforts towards on-target delivery.
- Prepare project teams for kick-off and ensure effective completion of project milestones and mitigate risks. This includes ensuring that all tasks and deliverables are proceeding according to specifications and schedule.
- To work closely with business users, cross domain IT teams and offshore development teams to deliver systems according to specifications in the most cost-effective means.
- To support user acceptance testing such as problem resolution, tracking, escalation and closure.
- Develop comprehensive communication plan to constantly keep different levels of busines and ITstakeholders informed and on the same page
Skills for Success
- Degree/ Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desirable
- 8 – 15 years IT project management experience
- Experience leading as primary PM multi-million dollars enterprise level major software deployment projects
- Past working experience in Telecom Industry highly preferred
- Skilled in SDLC, Project Management Methodolgies, Waterfall and Agile delivery methods
- Experienced in MS Project or other PM tools
- Top notch presentation skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General management and leadership skill
- Strong collaborator and facilitator
- Excellent problem and situation management skill
- Knowledge in CRM, CPQ, SAP Apex knowledge, Billing system
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.