(Senior) Manager, Group Strategic Communications
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
The incumbent is tasked to lead the company’s communications efforts. He/she should demonstrate the ability to drive positive media coverage, manage media relations and issues and take an organised, detail oriented and energetic approach.
- Develop, lead and execute communication strategies and initiatives to protect and enhance the reputation of Singtel domain knowledge.
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including consumer, business and trade publications and digital, social platforms
- Support and manage the creation of press and internal communications materials
- Organise press briefings, media sessions, events, prepare briefing materials and provide counsel to senior management
- Provide counsel to cross-functional partners in policy, legal, marketing etc. within the company on
- media engagement and crisis management
- Lead the management and monitoring of traditional and online media and take appropriate steps to rectify negative publicity and impact
- Proactively identify, monitor and manage crises and issues and develop crisis management communication plans in collaboration with business units
- A degree from a recognised university, preferably specialising in Mass Communications/Public Relations/Business.
- Possess minimum 8 – 10 years of relevant experience in Corporate Communications (preferably in a publicly listed company), of which at least 5 years in management capacity.
- Experience working with senior management team and ability to translate and deploy management goals into actions.
- Excellent people skills and command of written and spoken English Writing and editing skills including speech writing.
- Managing different stakeholders who often have different sets of concerns, opinions or information
- Ability to multi-task and handle high pressure situations and a wide scope from media relations to project management
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.