: 01/Sep/2022, 11:01:12 AM
- Subject-matter-expert in relation to the transition risk (focus on wholesale credit risk impact) and physical risk models and assess how it would impact the existing IRB and IFRS9 credit risk models.
- Solid knowledge on credit risk model stress testing (including climate risk aspect).
- Perform an independent validation of new and existing models that are used in risk management, capital calculation, stress testing etc.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Documentation of validation findings and communication of results to senior management and presentation to relevant committees.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Manage and complete the model validation from end to end, meeting the planned timelines and required standards.
- Regular review of model validation framework and standards (in relation to industry best practice and regulatory requirements).
- Recommend improvements in the models.
- Assist Head of Model Validation in addressing concerns or questions relating to the models.
- Submission of model validation reports to relevant Model Assessment Committees.
- Attend Credit Model Assessment Committee or Traded Risk Model Assessment Committee where the report is being presented for approval.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Enterprise Risk Analytics
- CCIB Risk
- CPBB Risk
- Country Risk Teams
- Group Internal Audit
- External Audit
- Regulators – HKMA, PRA, FSS etc.
- Model Risk Management
- Group Operational Risk
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate level qualifications (or equivalent) in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field.
- Experience in transition risk or physical risk modelling for climate risk stress.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in credit risk model development or validation across all asset types with focus on wholesale and commercial portfolios.
- Expert knowledge in the stress testing including climate risk stress testing.
- Solid knowledge in balance sheet / financial forecasting models, credit risk portfolio management, IFRS9 accounting rules and stress testing (including climate risk aspects).
- Extensive experience in project management.
- Solid programming skill including SAS, R or Python with hands on experience in IRB or relevant credit risk modelling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Expertise in analytics, developing or validating statistical models within banking industry.
- Good understanding and experience in climate risk modelling, credit risk modelling and/or stress testing analysis.
- Proficient in statistical and data analysis using data management and statistical software which includes SAS, R, Excel etc.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control.
- Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.