: 01/Sep/2022, 11:46:35 AM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- To establish and use financial management information to achieve the strategy and goals of CPBB Asia business by:
- delivering relevant and consistent accounting and management information together with the right analytical insights to help the Management in their decision making as well as understanding the factual financial position
- delivering accurate interpretation of customer and product profitability
- analysing information for evaluating business performance and supporting forecasting, planning and strategy reviews
- updating the Management on the overall scorecard performance
- supporting cost initiatives to deliver strategic productivity objectives
- Support the CPBB Finance and Group Finance team in London with the right messages for monthly performance reviews with Group MT and for the external events viz. Investor Meetings, Analyst Trips, Half & Full Year reviews, etc.
- Understand the changing data requirement landscape to ensure data consumption is forward looking and adequately planned
- Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends
- Manage the MIS reports which are used by the Head CPBB Asia, CPBB CEO, CFO, MTs & regions in the monthly country reviews.
- Ability to work on translating data heavy financial information to compact and visually impactful PowerPoint slides for executive level reviews
- Support the efforts of the business segments to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakeholders with MI
- Exercise tight control and checks on financial numbers especially with reference to planning processes – work with multiple stakeholders to ensure integrity and control over budget loads with appropriate understanding of underlying drivers
- Review and challenge assumptions of plans as reflected in the Business Plans/ Programs
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
- Partner with business in driving MIS simplification, standardization and automation.
- Provide market intelligence on key competitors’ performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
- Assist in reviews of Investment Project Execution Document and quarterly Benefits attestation
- Partner with GFS, Finance at Group, Region and Country levels to ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance for Retail Banking in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure MI requirements are relevant and to improve overall efficiency and productivity with GFS
- Partner with GFS to bring simplification, standardisation and automation in the reporting
People and Talent
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to network and build strategic partnerships with business, operations, change and technology teams
- Mentor and support the development of junior GFS team members to perform their roles in a better manner
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and own the process output performance.
- Operate 1st line responsibilities of process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators in MI packs by working closely with GFS
- Ensuring GFS service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements through monthly Service Review Meetings
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CPBB Asia LT
- CPBB Finance LT
- Group FP&A, Strategy and investor relations team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of work experience in the Banking industry, preferably in the area of Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
- Advanced or expert skills to prepare presentations for senior managements – ability to translate complex financial information to visually impactful representations for executive level reviews
- Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
- Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
- Work experience in the Banking industry, preferably in the area of Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.
- Working knowledge of Retail Banking and Wealth Management products
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.