Senior Legal Counsel
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the Senior legal counsel provides a comprehensive legal advice and support for Consumer Singapore, Digibank collaboration and International Group to ensure compliance and governance needs of the Singtel Group are met.
- comprising advisory work on all in-laws in particular new legislations impacting Singtel, applying it to Singtel’s businesses, pre-empting business needs and providing timely advice.
- Categorising and arranging relevant access to information
- Template co-ordination and drafting
- Contribute from Legal angle on rollout and implementation of upcoming Contract Lifecycle Management tool
Provide timely quality legal work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment. Being across business plans and pre-emptively managing expectations. Work includes independent contract review, contract drafting, governance compliance.
- Working with Consumer Singapore Operations – dealing with customer complaints, small claim tribunal matters, PCPC matters. Consider both the Companies legal and reputational issues and relevant mitigation and solutions
- Working with AGC with reference to submissions on new laws to feed back to the Regulatory group and relevant business units
- Working with Singtel Home and Mobile businesses on various commercial, content procurement and advertising contracts, marketing campaigns and user terms and conditions
- Working on operational and user agreements for digibank collaboration
Actively participate in special interest groups within Legal, focused on IP, Competition Law, Privacy and Security to enhance our legal knowledge management
Management of external legal counsel, including instructing them and managing external legal costs
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Called to the bar
- 8-10 years of post-graduate qualifying experience.
- Proactive individual with an analytical mind, an eye for detail and sound knowledge of general corporate and commercial law, IT laws, privacy and competition law and reasonable knowledge of intellectual property and litigation matters.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Excellent technical skills in drafting and vetting a wide variety of legal documents.
- Proficient in project managing, Tech savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact and work across functions and levels.
- Excellent communication, writing, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- A team player – able to establish outstanding relationships, faith & trust with top management.
- Meticulous, quick to learn, detailed, ability to work with many parties in the Singtel Group.
- Curious, willing to put in effort into working and learning about our business.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.