Senior Engineer, Network & Security
Date: 14 Nov 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data, and cyber security teams!
The Senior Engineer for Network & Security is responsible for the overall coordination of the design and implementation of the network and security infrastructure for on-prem network such as data centres network, corporate campuses networks, hybrid cloud networks, as well as wi-fi infrastructure for various locations and global offices. He/she is expected to apply an integrated approach and industry standards compliant and best practices to design and implementation within a formal method and framework and ensures consistent and compatible solutions are produced. The solutions developed should be in line with the Infrastructure Enterprise Architecture to meet the Technology Infrastructure (TI) strategic objectives.
The candidate will focus on Strategic projects and create solutions in line with the overall TI Infrastructure Platforms Roadmap for Network and Security. By working closely with his/her colleagues, the Senior Engineer for Network & Security ensures that the infrastructure solutions make the best use of the technology platforms to meet the business requirements. He/she must also ensure that the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
Make an Impact by
- Produce an integrated solution covering all areas and in line with the TI strategy
- Gather the Infrastructure requirements for all projects with infrastructure deliverables
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Project Team (IPO) on project engagements
- Work with Infrastructure Planners to provide a consensus-based enterprise outcome that is scalable, adaptable and in line with ever changing business needs.
- Produce infrastructure drawings or diagrams that identifies all infrastructure components including Network and Security infrastructure requirements and Compute/Storage requirement for the solution.
- Ensure solution proposed in compliance with network and security industry standards and best practices
- Document and communicate Enterprise Infrastructure strategies and standards
- Ensure solution compliance and integration with enterprise architecture and Infosec policy for Infrastructure and Security systems by reviewing and advising on new and existing Information Technology projects
- Provide sound and valuable inputs to management during planning phases to ensure that non-functional requirements are included in the overall specifications
- Provide sound and valuable inputs to all areas of IT and Business Management, analysts, planners, designers and developers on all aspects of compute infrastructure
- To ensure that work meets all related engineering, planning, and operational standards
- To identify potential network issues and risks, and to provide workable technical solutions to mitigate such risks.
- To document network performance to take proactive and corrective action as needed
- Play a major role in the selection of any new IT, infrastructure, or technology solution
- To configure and support network projects using various technologies such as MPLS, Ethernet, Ethernet access, Layer 2/3 switching, wireless, network security, cloud networks and security components such as VPCs, VNets, and network decouplers like load-balancers, and others
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Maintain a knowledge base to ensure network intellectual property is retained
- Lead and supervise project deployments and if/when necessary, to perform hands-on execution of project deliverables with regards to network and security infrastructure setup and configurations
- Provide support to potential major and major incident escalations to restore business operation as and when necessarily engaged
Skills for Success
- Degree in computer science/ Information Technology, Industry certification, Professional Security certification is highly desirable and CCNP DC and R&S is required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working and familiar with Corporate Network & Security design, Security best practices, compute/storage infrastructure design and experience in putting together infrastructure design covering the aspects above.
- Able to articulate well on proposed design to stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge in area of Network, Firewalls, IPS, Load balancers, Authentication Systems and Compute/Storage Virtualization.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network & Security architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN) on Cisco ACI is preferred
- Experience in Data Centre Migration will be preferred.
- Hands-on experience in cloud networking with Azure and AWS is preferred
- Experience in dealing with vendors on technology and services
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.