Senior Engineer, Container
Date: 26 Oct 2023
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together
Singtel is using multiple cloud platform to accelerate our transformation to become a digital telecommunication and platform player. The purpose of this role is to enable Singtel provide an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure. As a container Engineer, your role is to work with the rest of our team members, contribute to our strategy & deliver & support our solutions in production. Your deep knowledge of DevOps best practice, resiliency, technology & tool, application programming & testing will help the team to establish Singtels standard
You will be within a team who interface with multiple tribes and business units to help build, develop and deploy our cloud and container platform. You will be work in an Agile environment with a team of Container, cloud and DevOps engineers. You will act as a change agent in a built environment using Container, Cloud and DevOps tools, work across multiple global teams and participate as a collaborative partner, involving in the build of our cloud services and container platform.
- Plan, build and run Docker, OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) and Kubernetes (K8s) in CSP such as AWS and Azure.
- Hardening via script for Docker image, OCP and K8s reference to CIS Standard and Singtel hardening policies
- Creation and maintain the CD pipeline for pod deployment
- Automate OCP and K8s using Ansible, Python, etc
- Setting up, supporting and operating service mesh
- Participate and contribute in setting the long term direction, roadmaps, and establish of standards for Docker, OCP, K8s and Container Registry
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket and Nexus Repo
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science /IT
- Certified in Openshift Container Platform
- Certified in Kubernetes administrator
- Certified in RHEL administrator
- More than 5 years in Application Development
- 3 years in implementation of DevOps and supporting container Platform.
Technical / Professional Skills
- OpenShift Container Platform
- Service Mesh
- Bit Bucket
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.