Senior Engineer, Active Directory
Date: 24 Oct 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data, and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
Make an Impact by
ADS Transformation and Modernisation
- Assess, strategize, and lead the transformation initiatives for the ADS ecosystem to enhance efficiency, security, and scalability.
- Implement modernization strategies, including adopting new features, optimizing configurations, and implementing best practices in ADS and related technologies.
- Enhance, develop, maintain system documentation for ADS, including installation, configuration, and appropriate SOPs.
Optimization and Automation
- Identify areas for optimization within the ADS infrastructure to improve performance, resource utilization, and user experience.
- Design and implement automation solutions to streamline repetitive tasks and processes related to ADS operations.
- Work with Singtel in-house automation team to deliver such automation
- Handle service requests, incidents, problem management, and change requests related to ADS and its associated services.
- Perform routine maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting to ensure the stability and availability of the ADS environment.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations
Service Delivery and Performance Management
- Ensure adherence to service level agreements (SLAs), change management process and key performance indicators (KPIs) for ADS services, striving for excellence in service delivery.
- Proactively monitor and manage the performance of ADS services, identifying and addressing potential issues before they impact users.
Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement:
- Conduct thorough root cause analyses for incidents and problems, identifying underlying issues and recommending preventive measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives based on lessons learned and feedback, aiming for a highly resilient and responsive ADS environment.
Skills for Success
- At least 12 years of experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory.
- Proven experience in transforming and operating complex, multi-forest, multi-purpose, Active Directory Services and related technologies.
- Strong proficiency in related services such as, but not limited to Azure AD, AD Connect, ADFS, PKI, DNS, and VDS/LDS.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, optimize, and automate ADS services and associated processes.
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, and compliance to best practices for security and operations.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- Sound knowledge in ITIL framework.
- Expert knowledge of MS Active Directory
- Expert knowledge of MS Active Directory integration with other applications for SSO.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate) are a plus.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.