Senior Director, NCS Risk Management
Main Job responsibilities:
- Report to NCS senior management and SingTel Group Risk Management on material matters, findings and recommendations pertaining to risk management
- Work with the business units and functions to implement the appropriate risk management policies and procedures taking into account the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement and Risk Tolerance Framework at SingTel Group level.
- Work with the business units and functions to integrate risk management within the Annual Operating Plan / Budget and any other critical processes
- Act as the risk advisor to the business units and functions, and promote risk awareness and accountability amongst Management and Staff in the business units and functions
- Facilitate the preparation / update of the risk registers (and relevant risk reports containing risk indicators) which identify and assess the key risks facing the NCS’ business and review / monitor the internal controls to mitigate the risks. This entails identifying the risk areas where there exist gaps pertaining to policies or processes, and / or ineffective or inadequate resources (system, people, others), in order that the appropriate mitigation plans can be developed and implemented.
- Promote a risk and control awareness culture within NCS through risk awareness programme (communications, workshops, dialogues) and sharing of past learnings
- Work collaboratively with SingTel Group Risk Management responsible for managing the Group insurance programme to ensure adequate and cost effective coverage of the insurable areas
- Work collaboratively with SingTel Group Risk Management and the business units and functions responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC&DR) to ensure comprehensive and effective BC&DR plans and practices, and crisis exercises and reviews
- Support Management / Management Committee in assessing the risks and contract deviations on major contracts. This entails having a good understanding of the underlying risks and appreciation of the legality of the contract deviations (both sales and procurement contracts) that require approval by Management / Management Committee.
- Leveraging on internal and external assurance service providers and other functional / subject matter experts, the role is expected to be proactive in driving an adequate and effective risk management system across NCS, covering the strategic, operational, financial as well as catastrophic types of risks
- Participate in relevant risk management subcommittees or discussions
- Undertake any other responsibilities / duties as assigned by the RC, RMC and SingTel Group Risk Management
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A good degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, IT or Engineering
- At least 12 – 15 years of risk management, consulting, controllership or auditing work experience
- Experience in working in challenging business environment with proven capabilities in organizing, summarizing and presenting complex information
- Experience in reviewing commercial contracts and good understanding of the legality of contract terms
- Advanced knowledge of risk management and control concepts, leading risk management practices and standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO)
- Strong leadership and engagement skills with ability to manage across functions, levels, cultures and geographies. Good communication (oral, written) and presentation skills and proven track record in interacting with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – independent and objective
- A strong team player with positive attitude. Highly driven, autonomous and resilient. Enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team and business environment
- In-depth understanding of the telecommunications / ICT industry and the risks faced by NCS, the SingTel Group and its businesses. These include the technology risks, competition and transformation developments in the telecommunications / ICT industry, environmental risks, regulatory risks, cyber security risks, etc.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.