Senior Director, Finance, Consumer
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Lead the team to provide monthly and quarterly financial performance report; covering operating revenues and expenses, as well as detailed analyses of key business drivers, to enable line management of Home (Broadband, TV, Fixed line), Digital and Product business units to make sound business and operational decisions. The team shall be the primary finance support to the 3 business units.
- Tracking of KPIs to ensure that company and business targets are met and keeping line management informed of progress of KPIs so that prompt and appropriate actions can be taken to improve performance where necessary, as well as monitoring the competitive landscape and produce bench marking analysis for management.
- Coordination of Value Based modelling (VBM/ROIC) for Home (Broadband and TV) and Digital businesses, Operating Forecast and Annual Budgeting, Cost allocation and Product Costing exercises.
- Oversee the preparation of business cases, capital expenditure requests, management committee and board papers to ensure sound financial justification prior to sign-off by VPs/CEO.
- Lead the Home finance team in monitoring competitor performance (Broadband and TV) by publishing concise benchmarking reports with highlights on the performance of our key products and services relative to the competition. Value-add by assessing competitors’ current performance and future projections.
- Develop, maintain and revise policies, procedures, processes and internal controls to ensure that proper governance are implemented, practiced and upheld at the business units’ level.
- Respond to inquiries and solving problems relating to accounting related matters as well as ensuring follow-up actions from Internal Audit findings.
- Oversee the preparation of accounting separation and any stipulated reports to the regulatory bodies.
- Min 10 years of relevant commercial and audit experience with 4 years at supervisory level with management accountability.
- Good understanding of telecommunication and/or multimedia industry.
- Good understanding of the relevant Accounting Standards.
- Good understanding of Management/financial/regulatory reporting requirements.
- Good understanding of financial systems and how they meet the Management/Financial/regulatory reporting requirements.
- Expert competence in
- Business Planning and development
- Capital Expenditure and Investment Evaluation
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Regulatory Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Integrity and firm in ensuring compliance of policies and internal controls.
- Good inter-personal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Strong competence in
- Developing People
- Decision Making
- Resource Management
- Managing Diversity
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.