Senior Design Manager, Mechanical (Data Centre)
Date: 25 Jan 2024
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Keen to join the Data Centre Industry or already in the Industry? Singtel, an established and the leading operator of high-quality Data Centres in Singapore is on the lookout for new talents to join the team as we seek to grow our Data Centres portfolio in Singapore and regionally.
Make an Impact by
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Design Manager to manage our data centre design / engineering for our regional expansion. You will be a key member of the inhouse engineering design team, making an impact in a number of ways:
- Support on both internal & external design teams as our project technical lead
- Develop innovative “Mechanical” solutions for our data centres
- Collaborate with both internal and external construction and commissioning teams.
- Drive continuous engineering solutions across the business by leading the design of customer-centric solutions.
- Contribute to the project design team from inception to delivery of multi-MW hyperscale solutions.
- Develop high-level schematics of Building & associated MEP solutions.
- Develop Basis of Design documents to communicate design intent externally and internally.
- Perform concept equipment layouts.
- Collaborate with our top cloud and enterprise customers and communicate presentations on all aspects of design.
- Participate on develop high level master planning, space planning and engineering solutions for potential new developments (conceptual and feasibility stage)
- Produce consultant briefs to develop designs from feasibility stage through concept, scheme and detailed design stages, ensuring continuity of design philosophy and approach.
- Coordinate technical aspects of direct procured equipment and facilitate alignment with the design team.
- Understand commercial implications of engineering decisions and build cost models for customers.
Skills for Success
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in design and project delivery across multiple industries
- 5+ years’ experience working for a data centre design experience in the Asia Pacific market as a consultant will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and foresight to lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple geographies.
- Exceptionally flexible and forward-thinking as you must be ready for continuous change in direction.
- Willing to make decisions and be accountable for them.
- Excel at communication and can deliver effective presentations on data centre operations to customers, peers and management.
- Willing to travel to other APAC regions on a regular basis.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.