Senior Consultant, BSA
The Business Analyst is responsible to provide knowledge and expertise in the business domain, assess the client’s business requirements, provide alternative solution and evaluate the viability and feasibility of possible improvements. They bridge the communication gap between the business side and the IT throughout the application development lifecycle.
- Gather, analyse and formalise user’s business requirements and processes, evaluate on feasibility of implementation and manage scope of project.
- Prepare project documentation such as Requirement Specifications/Use Case Specifications etc Adhere to project scope, update requirement traceability matrix, inform and record out-of-scope issues.
- Develop technical design specification and translate technical design into process/program specification. Involve in the design review session.
- Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc.
- Participate in Coding and Code Review.
- Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test & implementation activities.
- Prepare user manual and operations manual, and plan & facilitate training of users and operators.
- Provide post implementation support (including production support and service requests).
- Escalate and discuss critical issues such as scope creep with the relevant managers.
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions. Conduct gap analysis of current business process to identify improvement opportunities.
- At least 2 years of software development experience (including requirements gathering and technical design) & preferably strong knowledge of one industry domain
- Possess relevant system development / maintenance experience using Java-related technologies
- Ability to produce specifications for documentations and implementations
- Experience in IT business analysis techniques
- Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship;
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.