Senior Cloud Engineer
Date: 16 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
The DevOps Engineer will be part of the technical implementation team in Group Networks supporting the Singtel Dash business, which is Singapore’s first all-in-one mobile payments solution.
The DevOps Engineer, will focus on improving internal source code management, build and deploy processes, leadership, and organisation of DevOps teams across Group network, and be hands-on with various tools and platforms required to perform DevOps activity. The DevOps Engineer will support several key web/mobile product initiatives through the full agile software development lifecycle.
The key technical skills are based around supporting cloud and on prem infrastructures and processes related to it so experience in a similar environment is essential and any experience with on prem to cloud migration is highly desirable.
You’ll be assisting developers and other team in automating complex manual processes utilising your skills and experience whilst also suggesting appropriate tools that would best fit the solution and identifying opportunities to automate and improve the company’s software quality.
Make an Impact by
- Design and implement the infrastructure and operating environment for container based microservices that meet the agreed high availability, performance, and security requirements.
- Design, build and maintain the software development pipeline automation with its related tool sets (e.g. JIRA, GIT/BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.) to enable Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Work closely with Dash development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, security and operability in mind
- Support and ensure that the software releases are aligned with the organization’s internal software release and deployment process.
- Facilitate and support the troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents with other internal teams.
- Proactively monitor and identify opportunities for automation, process improvement and architecture simplification for the platforms
- Participate in project planning and management activities
- Research and develop prototype using the latest, most relevant technologies and trend for continuous improvement of the platform
Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Has minimally 5 years of working experience in DevOps automation, containerization and orchestration.
- Strong Conflict Resolution skills
- Ability to estimate, plan and has strong analytical skills
- Has strong communication and collaboration skills
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Flexible work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.