Senior Cloud Engineer, Cloud Engineering
Date: 3 Nov 2023
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible to design and develop cloud software based on requirements and ensure software and subroutines are working to specification, program codes have conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting schedule and requirements.
- Experience in Design and building AWS Cloud platform
- Engineer and integrate cloud solutions & services to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, highly resilient, highly secure, observability, and simplicity in mind
- Run proof of concepts for new cloud services or cloud third party tooling
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation
- Work with peers to refine the cloud strategy, cloud adoption plan & cloud migration plan
- Work closely with development teams to help them through the cloud journey, evaluate and identify new cloud service requirements, and engineer and implement globally Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve the platform by pushing for change that improves reliability, operability and developer experience
- Every week solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Engineer solutions that are fully automated using infrastructure-as-code and integrated in the CI/CD tools
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience on cloud engineering
- AWS/Azure Cloud Certifications at Associate, expert or specialty level
- Experience with AWS/Azure, designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions and services
- Deep understanding of Terraform, Kubernetes, AKS, ASE, Data Factory, Event Grid, Log Analytics, SQL, Blob,Table Storage, Queue Storage, Sentinel, Security Centre
- Experience of cloud transformation & change programs across technology organizations
- Experience across the infrastructure stack with Windows, Linux, environments as well as Storage, Database and Networking.
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling (e.g., GIT, AWS DevOps, AWS ARM, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of PaaS, Infra-as-Code, Compliance-as-Code, and when/how to use & enable Experience with modern engineering and agile practices as well as shift left CI/CD
- Able to document the technical architecture using servers and network diagrams
- Possess clear understanding of the Development/SIT/UAT/Production environment requirements
- Troubleshoot network related problems
- Understand the concept of web based application’s 3 tiers architecture
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.