Senior Associate Engineer, Operations (Data Centre)
Date: 5 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
DC Operations Management
- Ensure incidents are responded and attended to, or escalated for 2nd/3rd level resolution based on criticality, impact and SLA
- Lead BCP exercise and be the 1st level incident responder.
- Customer Request fulfilment and system management such as Electronic Visitation Management System
- Remote Hand support for – media management, visual inspection, reboot devices, staging room, physical connect/disconnect of HDD, network cable connectivity test, insertion of fire SFP
- Manage equipment movement, asset tagging, labelling and tracking
- Perform shift duty to support 24×7 DC Operations
DC Facilities Management
- Perform Event Monitoring for all Data Centre Facilities infrastructure to ensure Data Centre is in normal function both upstream and downstream (eg. UPS, power, temperature control, humidity, water detection sensor, etc.).
- Ensure all DC supporting infrastructure (i.e. Environment Monitoring System (EMS), Access Control Systems, Electronic Visitation Management System.etc) are functioning well.
- Update and maintain all DC related documentation, including reports generation where needed
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to fix the technical issues to provide timely support to customers.
- Ensure adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP), method of procedures (MOP), and emergency response procedures (ERP) established for the critical environments, as well as the formal change control process.
- Coordinate maintenance and shutdowns (eg. working with vendors for DC electrical and mechanical systems)
Incident / Change / Customer Management and other requirements
- Manage Incidents and Closure, including Root Cause Analysis on incidents
- Raise the necessary requests from such as Change Request or notifications requests to the customers as part of service maintenance
- Liaise with internal and external customers and ensure that customers’ contractual service level agreements are met
- Perform other duties such as access clearance, and participate in projects as required
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.