Senior Associate Engineer – #CatalystWSP
Date: 26 Jan 2024
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Singtel x Singapore Institute of Technology have embarked on a Work-Study Programme (WSP) launched in Feb 2023. The WSP is called “The Catalyst Programme” which is a structured on-the-job (OJT) development WSP that allows Polytechnic Diploma holders to secure a full-time position with Singtel while pursuing a university honours degree in Applied Computing. This programme is open to Singtel’s internal employees as well as external polytechnic diploma holders preferably from the ICT domain. Non-ICT diploma holders are encouraged to apply as well. In line with building capability in Singapore ICT sector this program will develop & groom talent over a 3-year period completing micro-credentials for each module which eventually stack-up to an honours degree in Applied Computing. Candidates will be offered a specific role as the one shared below. Are you ready for this challenge?
Singtel Group Enterprise is the leading ICT solutions provider in Asia Pacific. For businesses, Singtel offers a complementary array of workforce mobility solutions, data hosting, cloud, network infrastructure, analytics and cyber-security capabilities. Creativity and innovation drive everything that we do. We constantly look for better ways of doing business, create distinctive solutions and develop compelling business models that deliver new value to our customers and ourselves.
The role of the Service Delivery and Operations Associate Engineer is assist the Engineer to deliver projects (build, expand, enhance) on the Networks Cloud and follow through with the operations and maintenance of it to ensure that it meets the service level targets.
- Involve in technical implementation and delivery for enhancement projects
- Assist in validating the test cases for the service
- Perform system and service testing to roll-out new related products and services.
- Responsible for supporting the daily operation of servers (HW & SW mainly in Linux OS) and storage systems.
- System and Platform Patch loading, implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Monitoring of System alarms and execute commands to rectify possible issue.
- Will need to work outside normal working hours to carry out upgrades and patch loading as such activities may disrupt services.
- Basic knowledge on Linux Operating System
- Basic knowledge on IP networking fundamentals
- Knowledge on programming and writing Shell Scripts
- A completed diploma from a reputable Polytechnic
- 3 years or less work experience
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.