Security Development Engineer
We are looking for a strong security engineer with a passion for cyber security. The candidate will build, configure and manage systems that will be used for cyber-related attack and defense scenarios.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform IT infra and security engineering tasks in areas of Windows/Linux/VMware system administration, network management and monitoring, vulnerability management, configuration management, and patch management
- Design, build and configure operating systems such as Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, Windows server and Windows desktop
- Install, configure and troubleshoot applications such as file and printing, database, remote access, mail and web, logging (Syslog) servers on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Administrator and optimize VMware vSphere hypervisor and build VM (virtual machines)
- Setup laptops for class delivery including installation of OS (Operating Systems) and applications
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with system administration.
- System administration experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows (Windows 7/10, Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Installation and configuration experience with application systems (web, mail, file and printing, Syslog, network management, Syslog, log analysis)
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware vSphere
- Comfortable with implementing open source solutions
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, be able to document issues clearly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must also be innovative, customer-focused and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.