Date: 1 Dec 2023
We’re searching for a Scrum Master to be part of our diverse team of talent here at DataSpark!
As an experienced Scrum Master at Dataspark you will play a pivotal role in facilitating Agile development processes, fostering collaboration, and driving the successful delivery of our big data analytics software solutions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, removing impediments, and ensuring that Agile principles and Scrum practices are adhered to. If you have a passion for Agile methodologies and a track record of delivering high-quality software products, we’d love to hear from you.
What we seek to accomplish together:
- Internally champion and evangelize scrum and agile Processes and values. Coach and mentor the development team on Agile principles and Scrum practices to promote self-organization and continuous improvement.
- Maintain Agile artifacts, including the Jira backlog, sprint backlog, and other relevant documentation.
- Translate the Product Requirements Documents into Jira Epics, Stories and Tasks and maintain current workload estimates on the backlog.
- Track and report key Agile metrics, such as velocity, burndown charts, and release progress, to stakeholders and senior management.
- Single point of contact on product development status.
- Identify and mitigate risks, proactively addressing issues that may impact the delivery of software releases.
- Lead the Scrum ceremonies such as including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives, and ensure they are correctly carried out with the appropriate displayed values.
- Identify and remove impediments that hinder the team’s progress and ability to meet Sprint goals.
- Plan, lead and track progress of software development work.
- Foster collaboration between cross-functional teams, including developers, QA engineers, Data scientists, Data engineers, Architect, infra engineers, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Map out overall execution plan and ensure that roles & responsibility, track dependencies and sequencing, objectives, commitment, deliverables and schedule are clearly communicated to team members & stakeholders.
- Work with the product owners to prioritize development work and technical debt to ensure optimum use of technical resources.
- Understand and analyze requirements to assist in development of technical design specification and translating design into process/program specifications.
- Stakeholder expectation management
- Ensuring quality in the development process and providing ongoing maintenance.
- Responsible for clear communication (both written and verbal) with technical and non-technical contacts at all seniority levels.
A little about you:
- At least 5 years of experience with substantial project work in software design & development, of which at least 3 years are in agile projects
- Minimally 3 years of Scrum-Master experience
- Proficiency in JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in software product company, developing software products.
- Preferably experience/exposure with Big data and analytics projects or products
- Prior exposure to agile development methodologies such as SCRUM and XP Programming or Kanban.
- Prior experience in using user stories to document requirements
- Enjoy working in a team and apply adaptive, servant leadership according to the different working scenarios
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship;
- Proficient in written and spoken English
What you might also need to have:
- Scrum or Agile certifications in CSM, CSP, PSM, PPO or PMI-ACP
- Project management certifications in PMP, CITPM or Prince2
As Asia’s leading technology services firm, NCS as part of the Singtel Group, aims to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders. We aspire to create the extraordinary, to impact millions of people every day, and to create a positive impact on our environment. Our sustainability strategy sets out the key Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) areas that aim to create the NCS impact for our clients, our people and our future.
We Grow our People, Value our Clients, and Create our Future.
We want to change the way we live and work for the better, to create new and sustainable business growth, and to foster an inclusive future for all.
You can find out more about our Group’s sustainability focus to guide how you can contribute to our objectives at Sustainability Reports.
About NCS Group
We believe in building a talent-led delivery model to enable our best people to lead, and to support them with the right structure, processes, and tools to ensure that our clients are delivered top quality services. Great work is never done alone, which is why we also believe in fostering a collaborative work environment where people with different expertise and talent can come together.
We’re here to make the extraordinary happen.
Find out more at ncs.co and our LinkedIn career site.
We handle all profiles with the highest level of confidentiality.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.