Date: 9 Jan 2024
The Scrum Master will be responsible for upholding the values of Scrum so as to ensure that quality software is delivered by the team according to specification and the correct procedures are followed in line with technical and business objectives and company strategy. He or she is also responsible for motivating and leading the people in the team to create a high trusting and high efficient working environment who embraces a strong learning culture.
• Educate customers and project team on Agile Processes and values.
• Single point of contact to customer teams.
• Ensure the Scrum ceremonies are correctly carried out with the appropriate displayed values.
• Plan, lead and track progress of software development work.
• Map out overall execution plan and ensure that roles & responsibility, objectives, commitment, deliverables and schedule are clearly communicated to team members & customers.
• Understand and analyze requirements to assist in development of technical design specification and translating design into process/program specifications.
• Able to work with the customer product owner to prioritize project work and technical debt to ensure optimum use of technical resources.
• Managing customers’ expectations.
• Ensuring quality in the development process and providing ongoing maintenance.
• Ensure team members receive relevant training to complete their tasks.
• Responsible for clear communication (both written and verbal) with technical and non-technical contacts (internal and external) and all seniority levels.
• Maintaining a good relationship with the customer.
Ideal candidate should possess the followings:
• At least 6 years of experience with substantial project work in software design & development, of which at least 3 years are in agile projects
• Minimally 3 years of Scrum-Master experience and have completed projects with strong need for User Experience
• Prior exposure to agile development methodologies such as SCRUM and XP Programming or Kanban.
• Prior experience in using user stories to document requirements will be a plus
• Experience in developing solutions using appropriate platforms and system technologies such as enterprise database design, web and application server and network technologies
• Enjoy working in a team and apply adaptive, servant leadership according to the different working scenarios
• Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
• Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship;
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Agile certifications in CSM, CSP, PSM, PPO or PMI-ACP.
• Project management certifications in PMP, CITPM or Prince2 will be an advantage
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.