Sales Support Manager, Presales
NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 61 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated
The Sales Support Manager will report to Centre Manager of Global Sales Support and lead the sales support team in managing the pre-sales support function, providing pre-sales support to sales teams for tender or proposal submission request within specific tender closing timeline.
- To oversee pre- support function to ensure timely and quality service provided in tendering process.
- To coach / mentor the pre-sales support team members to acquire skills required to deliver high quality pre-sales support.
- To ensure resource allocation for pre-sales support is optimised.
- To define standards and drive best pre-sales support practice within the team.
- To ensure that the team keeps all the proposal submissions in a safe, secure storage
- To ensure that the team delivers high quality work in supporting the tender/proposal submission.
- To drive the discussion with sales teams to evaluate the proposal outline and timeline in order to meet the tender closing deadline.
- To develop and update presales process flow for respective business sector and SOP.
- To develop and update standardized proposal templates and to implement the usage within the team.
- To discuss with internal stakeholders to evaluate the operational process issues and SLA required to meet the presales support timeline.
- To provide the team with necessary information required to carry out their tasks.
- To update the team for any changes in the presales process in order to adhere to the latest processes.
- To account for team’s service level agreement, establish their KPIs and overall team performance.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field / relevant recognized discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience in ICT equivalent industry or Diploma qualification with more than 8 years relevant working experience.
- Working experience in ICT industry in project management, tendering administrative support and pre-sales support is an added advantage.
- deliver high quality pre-sales support with tight timeline.
- address and manage pre-sales support challenges and resolve the issues in a timely manner.
- motivate and guide the team to produce quality work with timely proposal submission
- proactively identify areas for improvement in pre-sales support and for team’s implementation
- take new challenges positively and adapt to changes.
- coordinate and work with multiple tenders and tight timeline.
- lead and take ownership of tendering support across different business sectors.
- coordinate/work with different business support unit to obtain necessary info required for tender submission.
- build good rapport with sales teams, General Admin and Post-sales support team to enable work to be carried out effectively and efficiently.
- guide and share the knowledge and implement the best practice in supporting the pre-sales function.
- comply with the company’s tendering governance procedure/process.
- continually seek operational process improvement
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Effective and strong communicator.
- Good leadership skill with experience in supervisory role.
- Transparent, collaborative and open to feedback
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient to expert competency in Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, PPT, Word)
- Able to work well under pressure and a hands-on person.
- Committed to job requirement, adaptable to new environment/job challenge.
- Ability to use a wide degree of creativity and latitude to think differently, challenge conventional wisdom, and drive new best practices.
- Solution oriented mind-set with keen interest in proposing and driving change when required.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.