Sales Solution Architect
The Sales Solution Architect analyses, designs and develops roadmaps and implementation plans based on a current versus future state solutions architecture. He/she leads and facilitates the solution architecture governance processes based on the governance structure and manages exceptions to architectural standards at a solutions level. He/she assesses near-term needs to establish business priorities, analyses and develop solutions architectural requirements, and ensures alignment of architectural requirements with the IT strategy. He/she analyses the current architecture to identify weaknesses and identifies opportunities for improvement and performs ongoing architecture quality review activities.
He/she works in a dynamic and evolving business environment. He/she is expected to be familiar with a range of industry architectural methodologies and frameworks, architecture modelling tools, as well as product development methodologies. He/she ought to be passionate in keeping abreast with the latest technological developments.
He/she collaborates with other departments on architecting solutions design and integrating diverse needs and perspectives to develop fresh ideas and solutions. He/she possesses strong leadership and communication abilities, is creative and innovative in nature, and is able to influence key stakeholders.
- Render presales technical support to client service teams
- Analyse tender / client specifications or requirements and manage the plan for multiple solution workstreams
- Drive and maintain conceptual integrity of the solution design that addresses client’s business objectives and needs in order to create differentiated value propositions
- Coordinate and prepare solution deliverables (e.g., costs, risk and proposal) that are subject to internal solution governance and review processes
- Ensure the architecture and design is agreed with both internal stakeholders and external customers, while collaborating deeply with the practices to develop solutions that are on the mark and viable
- Maintain a clear, independent and objective point of view in order to exercise thought leadership and advise senior leaders on technical value and solution guidance for client, organization and community
- Ensure all the appropriate standards and quality expectation are adhered to
- Develop and refine solution patterns for common and recurring problems
- Be the expert resource to support interventions on projects where solution quality or progress has become an issue
The ideal profile should have / be:
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 yrs of experience either as pre-sales architect or as solution/enterprise architect in a System Integration (SI) environment
- Certifications in ITIL, TOGAF and security (e.g., CISSP) would be advantageous
- Hands-on experience in IT infrastructure products and services such as Data Centre operation, Service Desk, Workplace Services, Communication, Information Technology Infrastructure Outsourcing and Security
- Experience in IT security products and services such as WAF, NGFW, SIEM, NIPS and IAM
- Experience in IoT, Data Persistence & Archival Architectures and Cloud-based Architecture
- Experienced in delivering multi-site, fault-tolerant systems using an established system development life-cycle
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and automation technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – ability to explain technology from a customer perspective
- Highly analytical and able to manage complex solutions
- Naturally inquisitive – asks questions to ensure understanding
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Confident decision maker
- Strong presentation Skills
- Highly resilient and team player – demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders to deliver a common goal
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.