Sales Lead, Growth Markets, Telco+
Telco+, is a joint initiative between Singtel and NCS to help telcos address their transformation needs to evolve into future digital telcos. The aim is to help telcos improve on operational efficiency and leverage insights-driven data to deliver enhanced customer experience. With the combined capabilities of Singtel’s 5G network and NCS’ expertise in digital and technology services, Telco+ will also develop a full stack of 5G-enabled solutions to help enterprises capitalise on the applications of 5G.
The Sales Lead, Growth Markets, Telco+ is expected to drive the sales strategy for Telco+ in Asia Pacific and the Middle East (outside Singapore and Australia). The key focus is to drive sales to and with our associate companies like Telkomsel, AIS & Globe. With his/her unique industry knowledge and experiences of the region together with a deep understanding of NCS’ capabilities, the Sales Lead will strive to differentiate the services provided by NCS from other competitors. He/She will build on NCS’ unique competitive advantage of the business and performs a consulting-led sales approach, which includes taking actions designed to create demand, coordinating the sales process, focusing on efficient spend of business development dollars, working collaboratively to shape and close deals, and personally providing oversight for the key accounts’ most critical and/or complex opportunities. A key focus for the Sales Lead is to drive cross-LOB sales or specific LOB sales at the account level.
- Drive the sales strategy for the portfolio of accounts.
- Drive a consultative sales approach and proactively create demand within the accounts.
- Coordinate the sales process within the accounts.
- Manage business development efficiency related to deals in the accounts.
- Shape and close deals, working collaboratively with the Client Service Lead and LOBs’ Leads.
- Work with LOBs to continue to address shifts from Infra, Applications, Engineering to Digital and AI-led business services.
- Provide oversight for the accounts’ most critical and/or complex opportunities:
- Lead negotiations.
- Contribute to management of client expectations by setting the initial expectations effectively.
- Drive cross-LOBs services sales within the account, defining sales strategies, capabilities and references to support the expansion of application maintenance and managed services.
- Close the loop by providing feedback to service and/or product offering teams around competitive intelligence and product/service innovation.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, with an Engineering Degree preferred
- 10 years or more sales experience in IT or ICT services industry with 2-3 years or more sales experience focusing on key account. Familiarity in the Telco industry would be beneficial.
- Consulting practitioner
- Key account/client domain knowledge
- Ability to strategies sales strategy
- Good sales acumen
- Good Communication skills
- Understand and ability to apply social styles technique to manage stakeholders
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.