The Trustworthy Orders team is looking for a Risk Manager to drive our efforts to address product quality issues in APAC. As the successful candidate, you will need strong business judgment, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills. In this role, you will have the opportunity to identify and solve unique abuses, and work with cross-functional partners and tools across Amazon to deliver your vision.
Key job responsibilities
• Dive deep data to find patterns for challenges buyers face while shopping on Amazon.
• Report on key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall program, product performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement
• Influence and execute product roadmaps to achieve business goals
• Work with business stakeholders and tech teams to define needs, build solutions, and measure results
• Clarify and drive short-term and long-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project and program management and accountability
• Lead and manage day-to-day program requirements with operations teams and program and product managers
• Plan and conduct product/business reviews and reporting, including program flashes, budgeting, ops optimization
• Conceptualize and launch large scale programs to resolve buyer issues.
• Partner with Legal and Operations to quickly handle and resolve critical and time-sensitive escalations.
• Create policies, strategies, and processes to protect buyers and enable business growth while ensuring compliance with legal requirements, protecting customers, and protecting the Amazon brand.
About the team
Amazon’s Trustworthy Order team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products in the condition they are expecting. We design and implement policies, tools and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for sellers.
Interested candidates please review the Internal Transfer page on Inside for information on eligibility. Should you be interested in an informational, please contact the hiring manager to schedule a convenient time.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of professional experience conducting risk investigations and/or analysis, enabling successful results, mitigating or substantiating threats
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information clearly and concisely
• Proven analytical skills and comfort in deriving insights from quantitative data
• Proven experience applying critical thinking to develop new policies and/or drive policy/process improvements
• Experience driving projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Proficient in SQL, data manipulation
• Experience in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions.
• Proven ability to work autonomously, triage and prioritize work, and operate in ambiguity
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."