Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust the Selling Partner Services team is tasked with identifying and preventing abuse for our customers and brand owners worldwide. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Selling Partner Services team designs and implements policies, tools and technology innovations to protect customers. Our team is looking for leaders to take ownership of these various areas and deliver on critical and high visibility projects. We are looking for a Risk Manager to manage critical and high impact global events. The ideal candidate should be passionate about helping us ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that brand owners and selling partners using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Your decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and selling partners but will help maintain the health of the Amazon catalog and product listings ecosystem.
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering results and providing input to improve program strategy.
- Lead and support teams in responding to, investigating, managing and resolving high-impact incidents around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety issues.
- Provide support in the development of deep-dive documents.
- Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and develop solutions to close them.
- Own and/or manage projects designed to improve operational and process efficiency. This will include accessing and analyzing data and working extensively with external teams.
- Closely monitor media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Be comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
- Use high-level judgment to own our most complex enforcement decisions.
- Work within a WW team which might require non-standard hours at times to accommodate critical meetings
About the team
Our team is distributed across the US and APAC and this role is based in Singapore.
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in relevant industries such as law, customer service, investigations, risk management, project management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional written communication skills – able to write, clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional ownership and bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
- Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
- Experience working in risk, fraud or compliance organizations
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
- Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Most investigations will be in English, however language skills in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other non-English languages are a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."