: Business Support and Management
: 07/Sep/2022, 9:22:37 AM
Standard Chartered Bank has embarked on an ambitious journey to revolutionize digital banking with innovative products and services that competes with other Financial Institutions and Fintech companies.
- Digital Channel and Data Analytics (DCDA) is responsible for our corporate client’s digitization agenda covering Cash Management, Trade Finance, Securities Services, Financial Markets and other services. Clients have the option to use our services through Web, Host to Host, API, Swift and other channels.
- The Client Self-Service Administrator CSA is the application that allows corporate and institutional banking clients to self-manage their own user entitlements.
As the Product Owner of CSA, you will be responsible for crafting the product’s vision, roadmap, commercialization as well as maximizing the delivery of business value. You will work with a team of members across product, technology, service, and operations partners to deploy solutions successfully to clients.
- Working with talented team members across Product Management, Technology, and client service partners to develop your product all the way from a conceptual stage to the product launch. You will be required to push the boundaries by bringing new ideas that will accelerate the Banks’ digital footprint.
You have a key role in deploying innovative product capabilities, influence change, commercialize capabilities, and enable our global corporate banking platform in 40+ countries. You will continuously evaluate the ever-changing application landscape, gather, and provide insights on client and product utilisation.
Key Responsibilities include
As the Product Owner of CSA, you have the expertise to participate in discussion with various business stakeholders for successful product and channel deployment with focus in areas of client entitlement and on boarding.
You should have o Strong experience in entitlement processes and access management applications:
- Deep knowledge and ability to define and elaborate requirements on product functions, features and data restrictions.
- Project management skills to ensure timely delivery
- Good understanding framework required for legal, compliance, risk, operations to understand how
Provide a strategic roadmap and ensure CSA vision is successfully implemented through monthly changes. This includes:
- Managing a Book of Work and ensuring Lining Up of Work / Prioritization is planned and aligned with stakeholder’s timeline.
- Review, initiate, implement, and streamline process relating to information controls, productivity, and regional / country enhancements including workflow and procedures.
Work with Technology team to facilitate digital platform enhancements and implementation:
- Manage product backlog and work with the tech team to digitize client and internal operational workflows for onboarding.
- Review and sign off use case scenarios and test cases.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and production verification testing.
- Perform testing as needed, support the business post go live.
- Owning and updating release notes.
- Training to Operations on upcoming functions.
- Provide governance and control to ensure system complies with all of banks risk assessments and policies.
Provide framework for data management including o Provide insights on product usage and recommend improvements on digital platform usage:
- Working with data analysts on matrices and on platforms adoption and approving all system data requests.
- Ownership and approval of all CSA data for use by any users / systems.
- Define and manage data access for all CSA users o Strategize and implement Identify and Access management application.
- Ensure not toxic access management for user.
- Work with Regional and Country Digital Teams to gather product customizations to local country flavours and to facilitate country adoption and usage of Developing documentation, coordinating, and implementing guidelines, training, and helping colleagues with the ID and access management tool.
- Collect and analyse data to assist in determining product direction and define changes that will bring in more clients.
- Using advanced statistical methods to unravel deep insights from substantial amounts of client information and usage data.
People and Talent
You are expected to be a team player. You will engage actively with the product, implementation and client management, legal, compliance, operations, and sales teams to create awareness of the new product features and encourage a participative attitude to elicit critical business requirements and ensure overall acceptance of the new process flows and the system functionalities.
You take a proactive approach to risk management and on an ongoing basis will be identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating product risks related to your channel products.
You will work with regional and in-country teams to ensure the channel products are compliant to any relevant electronic banking and/or technology risk management guidelines issued by regulators.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Stakeholders across Cash, Financial Markets, Sales, Trading and support functions (e.g. Compliance, Legal etc). Stakeholders from Digital Channels Management and Technology.
- Security services business stakeholders.
- 12 years of banking experience in managing digital channels. Any experience with Fintech is plus.
- 5 years of related work experience in ID and access management. Corporate or wholesale banking knowledge is a plus.
- Analytical methodologies and comfortable to work with large scale data and produce statistical analyses. Handling sensitive customer data while adhering to strict security and privacy rules.
- Strong product and customer service focus with the ability to communicate with technical management, sales, and client support teams.
- Experience with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience working with Scrum teams.
- Ability to plan and execute projects independently from initiation to production.
- Good problem solving and strong analytical skills. Comfortable to use analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Power BI, Tableau and proficient in Excel and Power point.
- Education – Computer Science and / or Engineering with finance background, MBA, or commercially focused degree.
- Strong team player, collaborating with other POs to strategize and drive planned Bow initiatives.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and functional.
- Strong investigative ability and curiosity.
- Experience in managing cross border teams.
- Strong business and product expertise on user entitlements and client onboarding.
- Strong project management and planning skills, including organizational and time management skills.
- Clarity of communication style and ability to face off against senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle.
- Product Owner experience.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.