: Business Support and Management
: 27/Jun/2022, 10:02:50 AM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
As a Product Owner in our cross-functional squads, you will drive the outcomes of the squad to deliver on their objectives and key results. You will build and prioritise the product backlog to achieve business goals and manage stakeholder relationships to align expectation, prioritisation and overall product roadmap. You will be focussing on digital investment advisory and client personalization initiatives through bank’s digital platforms.
We are looking for talented individuals who can be effective leaders with functional and operational expertise. You must be a strong communicator who builds trust-based relationships within the squad and amongst stakeholders
- To co-ordinate development and delivery of series of digital wealth for the Affluent segment
- To engage with Country Investment Advisors and other internal stakeholders to drive adoption and strategy of digital advisory tools
- To assume end to end ownership of digital initiatives from ideation, design, development and adoption
- Leverage Risk engine capabilities on risk analytics, scenario analytics etc within Affluent digital advisory applications
- To bridge vendor products and internal technology and build a best-in-class advisory platform, fully integrating investment ideas and portfolio fitness in the advisory journey for clients
- To liaise with external providers, research and evaluate tools and products, and onboard and collaborate where suitable, to increase Digital Advisory efficiency and effectiveness.
- To stay abreast of industry developments related to investment advisory and portfolio construction and incorporate best practices where possible.
Product Owner (Design, delivery and adoption) of Digital advisory platform and tools focusing on investment advisory recommendation platform
- Gather requirements and feedback
- Design and develop platform and supporting data sources/interfaces
- Manage global enhancements book, roadmap, prioritization
- Manage vendors, do joint design, and influence product direction
- Integrate proprietary market views, assumptions and models
- Oversee testing phases, deployments and releases
- Collaborate with investments advisors in portfolio construction and advisory for clients
- Engage internal stakeholders such as legal, governance, and country teams to ensure alignment
- Drive adoption of the product
- Embed Risk Analytics capability across Client & RM journeys across Affluent segment
- Embed the portfolio analytics capabilities such as risk analytics, scenario analytics, simulation, stress testing and client preference-based portfolio optimization in affluent digital advisory journeys (Direct to Client and RM based digital platforms)
- Collaborate with Country WM, IA, Group Client Journey teams design effective and efficient journey for sub segments
- Integrate with existing solutions and platform
- Design and deliver front end experience and integration of Portfolio Insights platform engine
- Constantly take feedback, iterate and improve platform and adoption
- Offer subject matter expertise on risk statistics, portfolio analytics and suitability
- Evolve platforms strategically and enable business development
- Research vendor offerings, evaluate and make best recommendations
- Ensure collaboration, facilitate knowledge sharing and digital solutions across various teams to help embed a streamlined and digital advisory process in markets.
- Proactive stakeholder engagement across the WM organisation, other businesses and functions to achieve objectives is expected.
- Adherence to policies and control standards, ensuring compliance and operation within risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Bank operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’ within the deliverables and possessing the ability to constructively challenge relevant stakeholders and teams effectively.
- Ability and willingness to work through details with relevant control functions in an open and collaborative manner to achieve the desired governance outcome within the bank’s risk appetite.
- Work with global teams in Risk, Compliance and COO Office to ensure adherence to the Bank’s Risk framework, in the identification, assessment, mitigation, control and monitoring of risk.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Investment Advisors, Team Heads, Relationship Managers, (PvB and Retail)
- Global WM Product Teams
- Global and Country Technology teams
- Product Owners across Digital Advisory and Client Journey
- Regional and Country CPBB heads
- Regional and Country WM Heads
- Country WM Product Heads
- Group, Regional and Country WM COO teams
- Global and country Legal & Compliance teams
- Global and Country Risk teams
- 8 years of experience in wealth management and private banking
- Through understanding of Wealth management value chain and good understanding of core processes such as investment advisory & management and the WM product landscape
- Strong expertise in digital products and services in Wealth Management especially around Digital Advisory
- MBA (Finance) or CFA strongly preferred
- Experience as Investment Advisory strong preferred
- 5 years’ experience with agile delivery approaches (e.g. Scrum, SAFe), ideally working experience as a business analyst or similar role
- Experience in client personalization, digital analytics and recommendation systems
- Broad technology knowledge and comfort level, and history of successful matrix management while representing the wealth advisory business
- 5 years in Digital & technology implementations, preferably in a large wealth management organization, handling complex implementations
- Experience in managing teams across a global organization with senior stakeholders in various locations
- Experience with dealing with emerging technologies, proofs of concepts, driving pilots, and product evaluations utilizing innovative client engagement technology
- Desired – Agile Product owner training/certification
- 5 years Product Delivery, Product Management or Product Owner Experience.
- Proven experience in Scrum or similar Agile development methodology.
- Be a self-starter that thrives in the face of challenge, clearing obstacles with a resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Understanding the Customer Experience design and user experience principle
- Expertise in external vendor and product management
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Strong intellect with superior analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multi-functional, multi-cultural, multi-product teams to achieve superior results
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and presentation to explain complex or technical issues for a broad audience
- Strong ability to map the client requirements into functional specifications
- Experienced with designing customer journey’s
- Experienced with design and delivery of Digital applications such as Mobile applications
- Experienced with innovative projects / Proof of Concepts (PoC) in designing investment advisory and client personalization
- Experienced with managing delivery with scrum masters, technical developers and architects
- Ability to manage the effective planning, implementation, evaluation and sustainment of product backlogs, to ensure the achievement of anticipated benefits, using Agile methodology
- Good understanding of wealth management products and investments
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.