At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Handle 24×7 escalations from the Operations team and provisioning team on corporate IP network.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and timely resolution of faults/issues in IP network and services during provisioning.
- Responsible for Change, incident, and problem management and ownership from technical aspect.
- Take lead in handling complex issue and chronic problem, identify root cause and preventive actions.
- Analyze IP network performance and take proactive actions and preventive measures to monitor and enhance the network performance including software and hardware upgrades, etc.
- Provide training to Tier 1 and 2 engineers on the complex issue handled.
- Work with partners and vendor on the escalated cases.
- Perform risk and impact assessment on the Network Changes in the network.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on the IP network.
- Support the expansion, upgrades and roll-outs of new network infrastructure involving hardware such as routers and switches, associated software, network monitoring and management systems.
- Prepare statistical reports on network and equipment performance.
- Support engineering teams on new product/ feature implementation, node deployment and technical support matters.
- Support for EOL Network devices migrations which include service migrations for all type of circuits.
- Responsible for successful provisioning and deliver the customer services as of RFS.
- Tracking the Work Orders and find out the cause of delay from stakeholder for problematic order and to provide progress update in systems, customers and sales.
- Designated Provisioning Engineer for strategy customers.
- Assigned as designated Provisioning Engineer for the implementation of big and complex projects
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree in Computer / Electronics Engineering, or any other relevant discipline
- Professional Network Certification (minimally CCNP or JNCIA certified)- CCIE is an advantage for this position.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of working experience in similar capacity.
- Good knowledge on Telco and enterprise network and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP,BGP) ISP technologies MP-BGP, MPLS, TE, QoS, DVPN , L2 (EVPL/EVPN) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP) to include experience troubleshooting issues with these protocols.
- Ability to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure including MPLS/IP & VPN’s.
- Possess good analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
- Possess good project management and communication skills.
- Understanding of the work flow of different services in Singtel and responsible for Verification of final configuration generated by engineers and validate Work orders for smooth provisioning.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Strong focus on customer satisfaction, high initiative levels, team player
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.